Hi all!

I've just recently put together my first pc and used the following components:
Asrock 4coreDual-Vsta
Celeron D 356
Leadtek GeForce 7600GT
Samsung 160 gb HD
2x512MB ram
Viking 350W power supply

The problem that I'm having is the following; when i plug the power cord into the power supply my computer just starts up, without me pressing the on/off button and the screen remains black, also the pc speaker remains silent and doesn't give any beeps so that I could find out what the problem is. At first I thought it was the motherboard that was the problem so I returned it and got a new one, but the problem still remains. The graphics card, ram, hard drive all work perfectly well on my Asus K8V-VM with an athlon 64 3400+ processor so that leaves only the Celeron D questionable. What are your thoughts on the problem? Tnx in advance.

my guess is you have some of the case wires not attached correctly.
Double check all the case wires plugged into the mobo, it can be difficult sometimes getting them right, I missed a couple each time on my builds. look for the power switch/ reset button/ led wires first*. they are small and hard to work with.. Good luck

yeah i know about those wires, they can be really annoying. but as far as they are concered i compared the manuals of this asrock motherboard and an asus one, they have the same sequence of connecting the power, reset... wires. so when i connect them to the asus one it works and my guess is they should then also work on the asrock one, because they connect the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back