PC to TV and watch TV on computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would like to connect my pc to my tv with audio and video. and i would also like to be able to watch tv on my computer. i have a ATI 8500 which does have a video out and i have connected it to my tv before succesfully but they quality wasn't so great. and running 50' of cable through my house wasn't fun. and the sound always seemed really fuzzy cause i was taking out of the 1/8" audio jack on my sound card. i know there are plenty of products out there that will let me do what i want but i'm wondering if the quality i saw with the RCA cables and the 1/8" jack is the best i'm gonna get. can i bu a card that has cable in AND video out(possible RCA video and audio out? i would like it to be wireless too. i saw that there are dvd players now that connect to your computer through an ethernet cord and let you acces video/music/pictures on your hardrive but i don't really have the money for that now

so this is what i wanna do:

-watch cable tv on my computer (not wireless)
-watch dvd movies and listen to my mp3's on my tv/stereo in another room wirelessly and in the best quality.

hope this is clear and thank you VERY much in advance for any help you can give me.

You'll need a tuner card to watch TV on your computer.

For the other, I'm not exacly sure what you are wanting but I think you should be able to do it if you have TV out on your vid card.

TV cards with basic video capture to mpeg and mpeg-II are around in stores for next to nothing these days. I am sure that you can get hold of one. If you are really into capture, try to get yourself a RAID system for making sure you get quality captures. But for simply watching TV, just the card will do.

Try Streaming TV services

Top watch live tv on your pc via the internet you may visit any of the following sites

wwitv.com
internettvstation.com
live-online-tv.com
watchonlinetv.com

some free some paid services.

1. You will need a TV tuner card

OR to watch internet TV

download one of the many free internet tv programs out there. Don't bother paying for a commercial program, there are many open source versions.

internettv said:
Top watch live tv on your pc via the internet you may visit any of the following sites

wwitv.com
internettvstation.com
live-online-tv.com
watchonlinetv.com

some free some paid services.

What is needed on computer to get reasonably good speed and quality from the free sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back