PC will not install Multimedia driver *Please HELPPP!!!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
:confused:

Hi!
Just joined to ask this question seeing as there are a number of posts that are similar!!

Just re-installed XP Pro SP2, and all is good except it won't install the multimedia driver. Device manager displays it as a conflict and checking properties shows me that it isn't taking any resources becuase it is not correcly configured. Trying to install, and allowing it to access windows update, returns ' cannot install as no drivers were found'

Went back to the shop where i got it, PC World (in the UK) and asked them for help in telling me which drivers i need to install - I got a 'spec sheet' however, looking at those websites (MSI and Realtek) I downloaded the Realtek driver only for it to crash just after launching installshield saying ' No driver or AP ws supported in this driver package'

So, I'm stuck - I have no idea what is in my PC, the Spec sheet seems to be wrong. I ran Sisoft Sandra to discover what internals the PC has- and it doesn't match the spec sheet, and worse 'TriGem' (the mo board) website has nothing to download and the soundcard shows up as 'nothing to display'!!

Anyone out there who knows what may be wrong/required/needed?

Im going crazy and need my music back to help calm me down again!!!

Thanks in advance ! much appreciated!

Cheers!

Dennis!! West London UK!!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Sounds to me like you tried to install the wrong driver.

Go HERE and read my post. You will notice a link to the free Everest programme. It will give you lots of info about your system. There are also links within the Everest programme for your mobo manufacturer.

Hopefully, this will help you to get the correct drivers.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Continuing issues ....

Hi,
I just downloaded Everest after reading the 'all newcomers read this' sticky!

Installed everest, ran diagnostic check and heres what I got

Mo board = MSI MS-6073 (TriGem OEM)

Multimedia = Windows media - results pane on right is blank/grey. Clicking on PCI/PnP Audio gives me SiS 7012 Audio Device.

Hooray I think and promply I download the 7012 from SiS.com, Try to install and it crashes out with a weird error 'red windows XP Exclamation' and then '-536870397' i click ok and it then says 'failed to load drivers for Win XP - setup will exit'

Doing a search on MSI site for MS6073 shows no results.

Next?!! Is there specific things to look within Everest to find out more?

Quite happy to do this!

Cheers for now

Dennis!! West London UK!!

Go to your mobo manufacturers website, and download and install the sound drivers for your mobo MSI MS-6073.

That`s the MSI website not the sis website.

This because you have onboard sound.

Regards Howard :)

Continuing issue again!!

Hi Howard!
First off, much appreciated that you're helping me out as best you can ! cheers!

Now then, I've just logged onto the MSI site again, got my magnifying glass out (haha) and looked at the Motherboards downloads and then on the Audio subset. I've looked carefully at each download and what it's for and the board it supports and the Audio driver its meant to go with.

None of them mention the MS-6073 Mo.board.

Then, looking at the search feature here

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd_index.php

in keyword - put in 'MS-6073' - no results found
in drop down 'select' box - there is no SiS model no. that matches

I'm thinking to just email MSI direct and get them to send me the correct driver for the 6073 board?

Am I just being stupid ? ( I understand that the mo board has the audio in built as well by the way!) - Is it possible to email you direct Howard?

Cheers!

Dennis! West London UK!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back