PC wont boot :( Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, recently my PC has decided not to boot , its goes through the bios system and then goes to load windows but it just hangs and stays black

ive put ma WinXP disc in and said boot from cd but it jus hangs ..it says inpspecting you computers hardware config and the hangs i have no idea whats wrong please help.

The likely cause is failing hardware, but the real question is - What hardware is failing?

My guess might be the hard drive. It could also be memory, it could also be overheating or electronic problems.

If you'd like to test the bad hard drive theory, using the appropriate diagnostic may help you out. https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic7602.html

I agree, if you want to figure out which one it is, simply take everything out except your CPU, 1 HDD, 1 memory stick, and vid card. If you still have problems, then you know it is one of your main components, if it works, then you can always add your other HDD, DVD, CD, etc. later.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

Cheers peeps fixed it now ...bad hard drive :(
not entirly sure what was wrong but i attached a new HDD and installed windows no probs :confused:
thnx for the help ..and thnx for the welcome :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back