PC won't boot past BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
PC won't boot past POST

Hi,

I've been having a sporadic problem with my new Intel D915PBL motherboard. Sometimes when I boot my computer, it won't go past POST. I have to sit and look at that stupid Intel integrity graphic. I've been able to get past the POST in these cases a couple of times, but then the computer boots very very slowly.

Well, today I was trying a couple of things. One thing I did was remove all my USB devices. As soon as the last device (MS Bluetooth dongle) was removed, the computer went right past POST and booted correctly.

So, it seems like having something in my USB is causing boot problems. It's really annoying, because I don't feel like having to unplug all my USB devices to get my computer to boot.

One other thing. I had a Belkin 4 port USB hub plugged into my computer. When I turned it on, all four of the USB lights that are usually green were yellow. Even the ones with nothing plugged into it.

Has anyone else seen this problem or found a solution to it?

Thanks

make sure hi-speed usb 2.0 is enabled, as i've encountered numerous situations where changing said vaule from full-speed to hi-speed fixed the problem right away.

Same thing

I have the same prob now..I have a Intel d915pbl board withe a 3.4 p4...and a XFX Geforce 6600 Pci Express, with a nec dvd burner and a plextor cd burner and 2 gigs of ddr 2 mem....now i normally run my pc 24/7...but the other day Id thought i rest it for a day, when i go to turn it back on IT HANGS AT THE DARN INTEL BOOT SCREEN...then it does not respond at all

Intel D915PBL & Microsoft Bluetooth 2.0 Keyboard and Mouse FIX!

I have a Intel D915PBL Motherboard and the New and Improved Microsoft Bluetooth Desktop Elite Keyboard and Mouse set.(HA-HA), Anyway I had the same exact problem with a Hang at boot up with the USB Dongle pluged into the Motherboard USB Ports. I contacted Intel regarding this issue and they e-mailed me telling me that they were "aware of the issue". So i e-mailed again and asked if there was a BIOS update that they were working on to resolve the issue. They responded with "we do not share information with the public regarding BIOS updates or what fixes they might contain."
Lots of help right? LOL. Well i took matters into my own hands and decided to try a PCI USB 2.0 add on card by Adaptec. It cost me Around 20.00 on sale at Comp USA and Fixed the Problem. I installed the card in a empty PCI Slot, loaded the drivers and Pluged the Microsoft USB Dongle into the PCI USB 2.0 Card and it has worked great ever since. My only complaint would be that the Keyboard and mouse do not work at BOOT UP Screens. Only in Windows XP. But you don't have to plug and unplug the Dongle every time you boot your PC. At least it's a work around for now until Intel Fixes the Issue I HOPE!
Hope this helps you guys out.
Take Care,
newfiend :angel:

that's because your bluetooth setup is set up in windows, but not your bios, so it shouldn't work until your machine loads windows.

and i'd expect any board mfg to not share the contents of future bios updates.

Zep,
I know why the keyboard doesn't work in the boot up screens, it's a BIOS issue like you said, i am still waiting for Intel to fix the issue, and i hope they do since they are "aware" of it. there have been 2 bios updates since i got the keyboard and still no fix yet. It would just be nice if the Motherboard Mfg would help out the people that actually purchase and spend hard earned money on their products a little more. I know for security reasons they do not "share vital information". But it would be nice since they were Aware of the problem that they could let us know if it is something that even "might" be fixed in the future, so i know wether ot not to sell my current motherboard for an upgrade or keep it in hopes of someday a fixed Bios.
It just leaves the consumer hanging, and to me thats just not good Business.
Anyway I hope the work around helps out for now until Intel can solve the issue. (hopefully SOMEDAY!!) hehe..
Take Care,
newfiend :D

we all wish the corporations treated us like that. they just want your money, and if anyone can get suggestions through to them it's the large OEM companies that buy mass quantities of intel parts.

zephead said:
make sure hi-speed usb 2.0 is enabled, as i've encountered numerous situations where changing said vaule from full-speed to hi-speed fixed the problem right away.

how would you check to if hi speed is enabled?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back