PC wont boot up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone this is my first post and would like to say its a great site and has really helped me with past PC problems.

Well here is my issue, my old PC I used to work on (but family still uses) no longer boots up. My dad was on the PC when it happened, he said all of a sudden the screen went black. Since he could not reboot it the normal way he held down the power button to shut it off and try to reboot but nothing happened - just a black screen and nothing more. When the PC is off the default monitor test pops up and says it is working fine - i know for a fact out monitor is plugged in and working fine. Also on the black screen I can hit keys such as the numlock and the keyboard will respond, But as I said before I get no image what so ever to come up.

I do have to say the PC is rather old about 5 years may be even older, and has always had issues with getting viruses. So because of that I am thinking it is finally time to buy a new PC, but by all means if I can temporary fix this problem it will be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back