PC won't turn on!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I moved about 6 weeks ago. Packed up PC, monitor, printer, etc. in box. Last night, pulled it all out, plugged it in and everything works except the CPU. The monitor turns on, printer has power, surge strip seems to be supplying all with power........I have pressed and held the power button, switched the power on and off in the back of the CPU and don't know what else to do......can anyone help me? Will it ever work again?

more info please :)

When you press the power deos anything at all happen? can you hear the power supply or any other fans?

-make sure voltage is set correctly at back depending where you live
-the cords for the power button could have came loose inside the computer

I tried last night for a while and didn't hear anything. When trying this morning, i heard a very faint almost "clicking" sound, but it was so faint i can't tell what it was. I only moved across town, I don't think the voltage changed, and I know that I didn't change anything on the computer. Should I just open up the unit to check inside?

yes that would be the best way. sometime ppl mess with my stuff and hit stuff like the voltage so it can happen. Try and figure out what is click. If its a fan or if its the HDD. If you can see the power supply fan moving the we know that it at least has power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back