Build a PC PC133 in a PC100 MOBO??

Status
Not open for further replies.

da_yeti

TS Rookie
I recently purchased some memory for a friends computer from newegg.com His computer is a HP Pavilion 8750C it takes PC100 Non-Ecc SDRAM. I bought PC133 Non-Ecc SDRAM made by Rosewill. I put the chips in for him and it will not start-up and i cant figure out why. I then put the chips in my second PC that runs PC133 and they wont work in it either? Is this a memory chip problem or is it the wrong kind of memory somehow? I read you can put PC133 in a PC100 computer but it will only run at PC100 instead of the 133. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks,

da_yeti

TS Rookie
Called newegg today they said they would send me 2 new sticks out so hopefully these will work out thanks for the reply realblackstuff. They told me to call Rosewill and tell them the problem i was having I dont think thats necesary unless these 2 new ones are duds to.

MrGaribaldi

TechSpot Ambassador
It could be that the HP motherboard is extremely picky about what ram you put into it, and won't work with the new sticks either. A call to Rosewill should answer that, and possibly save you ripping out some hair in frustration...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts