PCI device

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the PCI device? Mine has a yellow question mark beside it. It tells me that I don't have drivers installed for it. I don't have any sound from my speakers.

Old Yeller said:
What is the PCI device? Mine has a yellow question mark beside it. It tells me that I don't have drivers installed for it. I don't have any sound from my speakers.

That's probably your first clue....your sound drivers are probably either not loaded or you don't have a functioning audio card. Is this a new load? How about some system specs?

A PCI device is Peripheral Component Interconnect. It refers to an older style peripheral card slot on your motherboard. Apparantly you have a device on a card that the drivers are not loaded for. Perhaps you have a sound card with no drivers. Most sound cards are PCI.

Do you have a PCI audio card? Or a PCI modem?
You can open your PC and check the white, long slots and check what do you have installed.

PCI card

I don"t know which PCI card I have. I'm new with computers and I don't think I want to go inside of it as yet. I'll take it to the computer shop and have them fix it. Thanks guys.

have you tried right clicking it (the question mark) and selected "update drivers" or similar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back