PCI EXPRESS CARD x1, is it good enough for css?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, can someone please tell me if PCI EXPRESS X1 Connector is good enough graphic card, to play counter strike: source on? Thanks

Salik said:
Hi, can someone please tell me if PCI EXPRESS X1 Connector is good enough graphic card, to play counter strike: source on? Thanks

errrr that doesn't even sound like a Graphics card... X1 are used for cards which used to go in straight PCI slots... most graphics cards are X8 or X16.

He's right a PCI-E graphics interface is X16, so any new PCI-E card you bought would not work in the X1 slot. A PCI graphics card might, but then you're looking at 10 yr technology and I think it would suck for CSS.

Yh.. thx for the info, but i have a cpu where i can only use a pci- express x1 card ...:S.. i didnt know much about pcz when i bought this one.. one of my freinds plays on css and i really liked it so i was wounderin if there is a card which would play css on my computer.. Dustin_ds3000 is showing the right kind of card, would that card be sufficent enough to play css? thx. :>

for the gear it has on it, 256 mb dedicated DDR2 hypermem to 512mb it performs horribly. cant run KOTOR II on lowest settings smoothly. chops up, breaks up, etc. the hardware scan for the game said a radeon 9200 was better because it had 128 mb of ram!!

Well there's a quote from some guy who bought it. It's still a PCI card no matter what! It means it accesses the bus X16 SLOWER then a PCI-E and X8 times slower then an modern AGP (older APGs were X4 and 1st gen were X2, circa 1995).

I wouldn't buy it..not for that price. If it was $40..maybe. Weird thing with Pc's the older technology gets the more pricey the parts become (out of demand and out of production and out of stock).

Just some thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back