PCIe Video Card and HDD Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCSUFrenchie

So, I've run into a little problem that has me stumped. I am building a machine for gaming. Here's what I have in it:

Asus M2N32-SLi Deluxe
AMD FX-62 @ 2.8GHz
4x 512Mb (2Gb total) Ultra DDR2 XL 800Mhz
nVidia 7950 GX2 (1Gb RAM)
Silicon Image 3132 HDD controller 1x PCI Express
2x WD 250Gb SATA, RAID 0

I put that SiI 3132 card in because of the nForce 590SLi MCP's incompatibility with those two HDDs (I've tried everything to make these drives work, and it won't even work with only one drive).

Now, everything works fine except for the video card. I can install Vista with no problems (both the 64 bit and 32 bit versions) but when I try running 3Dmark06 or CounterStrike or any 3d program (in 32 bit or 64 bit Vista), I get small artifacts on the load screen then the video driver crashes. Of course, Vista is nice and doesn't allow that to crash the entire system and just shuts down the game and reloads the video driver.

I did use an old school IDE HDD as a temporary fix before I got the 3132 controller and successfully ran 3Dmark and all kinds of games on the same vid card. I would hope this HDD controller is not the cause of all the trouble, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was :rolleyes: . I have all the new drivers from nVidia for both the chipset and the video card.

Anyone have any idea what it could be or any tips on what to do? I greatly appreciate any help in advance. Thanks guys!

read your own post, u said the answere, and stated how u fixed it. the controller is the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back