PCTV card problems (pinnacle 310e and 110e)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dna_Boy

Hello.

I don't if someone had this problem before, but i have a pctv 110e (PCI) and when i was using it, my computer was always blocking. It didn't reboot by it self, it just stopped. Now the pctv card just doesn't work, but the pc is fine.

Later i bought a pctv 310e, USB 2.0 external, and the same thing happens.. i can't find out what's wrong whit it.. it's from pinnacle software? It's my motherboard? I've changed my Mboard for a new one meanwhile, same brand, same model, but a new one.. it's a asrock p4vt8+. The computer works fine without the tv card..

System:
Prescott 3.0 Ghz
1,5 Gb Memory ddr 400
Ati radeon 9600XT
win xp pro sp2, up to date

any help?

p.s. Sorry for my english.

PCTV310e

:D
I have bought the new PCTV310e
harware works, but impossible to use the soft, without crashes, with many different errors messages !!
Pinnacle support is not able to solve.
Incredible, they ask to suppress all other soft, uninstall all, clean the register, and install again, install a patch of 100megas (incredible), and after that it is worse !!
Even with fast Pentium4 3,3Ghz !!!
Pinnacle soft is bugged, slow, with endless crashes.
Never buy a PCTV310,
WInTv from Hauppage works fine on the contrary.
Buy a numeric tuner for TV and connect it on a WinTV :
no problems !!
My PCT310e is good for the waste basket !!
or it is necessary to write a new soft , with no sql or visual basic (hyperslow for video, !!)

Greetings everybody

I've just read this topic trying to solve a major problem I've been exposed to the past week or two. Just HAD to reply on this one.

My problem is that I bought this Pinnacle PCTV Hybrid Pro Stick 320E and it works perfectly. But it needs to suppress most of my usb equipment and it's VERY unpleasant!

I have an external hard drive (USB2) and it has always worked without any trouble at all. But now I get these errors whenever I plug in the PCTV.

After a short period it says "Delayed Write Failed" and then it won't work with either Azureus or Emule (Both P2P Clients). The drive is still visual in explorer but after I reboot the system it doesn't seem to locate the HD in the explorer.

I'm very confused that I can't make these two devices work together.

Can anyone please help me?

If you can't, it's still an opportunity for making myself clear:

Pinnacle software suck!

Pinnacle is not better two years later

dedereu.
In ending 2007, Pinnacle seems not better than in 2005. I never been able, in 2 years to have the PCTV300e working without crashes on two different notebook Fujitsu Amilo D1840W with XP SP2 and Sony VAIO VGN FE28H with media center 2005 XP SP2. It is impossible to be sure to record a TV film !!
Pinnacle support never answers with a working solution.
Your problem is worse with USB23 drive no more working and very strange!
I never seen such supression of a USB2 drive by my PCTV, only crashes after some recording time, loosing the recorded file !!
You can try to uninstall completely the PCTV drivers and files in windows/system32/drivers and windows/inf and install again, if possible, a more recent driver and program given in Pinnacle site???
May be you have not sufficiently ressources in the peripherals manager??

Only the different Avermedia DVB-T STB7 which turns a VGA monitor into a DVB TV with or without turning on your PC, works fine : it is able to receive even in bad conditions of reception where many other PC tuners are very bad, missing many TV chains. Very important, you can enter the frequency of the missed TV so that you do not scan every time you move the antenna.

I have tried USB2 PCTV 300e (crashes), Artec mini digital TV stick T14 (the tuner is not efficient as soon there is some difficulty for reception) and FlyDVB-T duo cardbus of Lifeview which is not working on Sony VAIO media center and with no duo possibility on Fujitsu and too much heating up to stop working!!
It is very difficult to find a satisfactory DVB USB or carbus for notebook working easily in different homes with different DVB reception conditions.
You spend a lot of time tryng and hoping to solve the problem!!
Only the analog WinTV of Hauppage is working safely during seven years on three very different notebooks and many homes !!!

dedereu.
In ending 2007, Pinnacle seems not better than in 2005. I never been able, in 2 years to have the PCTV300e working without crashes on two different notebook Fujitsu Amilo D1840W with XP SP2 and Sony VAIO VGN FE28H with media center 2005 XP SP2. It is impossible to be sure to record a TV film !!
Pinnacle support never answers with a working solution.
Your problem is worse with USB23 drive no more working and very strange!
I never seen such supression of a USB2 drive by my PCTV, only crashes after some recording time, loosing the recorded file !!
You can try to uninstall completely the PCTV drivers and files in windows/system32/drivers and windows/inf and install again, if possible, a more recent driver and program given in Pinnacle site???
May be you have not sufficiently ressources in the peripherals manager??

Only the different Avermedia DVB-T STB7 which turns a VGA monitor into a DVB TV with or without turning on your PC, works fine : it is able to receive even in bad conditions of reception where many other PC tuners are very bad, missing many TV chains. Very important, you can enter the frequency of the missed TV so that you do not scan every time you move the antenna.

I have tried USB2 PCTV 300e (crashes), Artec mini digital TV stick T14 (the tuner is not efficient as soon there is some difficulty for reception) and FlyDVB-T duo cardbus of Lifeview which is not working on Sony VAIO media center and with no duo possibility on Fujitsu and too much heating up to stop working!!
It is very difficult to find a satisfactory DVB USB or carbus for notebook working easily in different homes with different DVB reception conditions.
You spend a lot of time tryng and hoping to solve the problem!!
Only the analog WinTV of Hauppage is working safely during seven years on three very different notebooks and many homes !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back