Peer Guardian and Some Kind of Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

geekydiorgirl

Is PeerGuardian considered good protection?

Also my friend gave me a patch that supposedly would boost my upload/download speeds. But it hasn't done jack for me but mess up my wireless connection. I can't seem to find the thing on my computer to get rid of it....it's called EVIdpatch4226patch223-en.zip. How can I find it?

for a software firewall
look for outpost or zone alarm
comodo is OK and its free
I'm a outpost kinda guy:cool:
peerguardian is mostly for torrent safety
complete address blocking
you know where search button is for your OS?
the file you show is a zip file the application would not run from there
open the zip file and copy name inside look for that name
some of this stuff can put spyware and trojons on machine be verwy verwy
careful.
most anything that claims to speed up machine or net does not work
there claims can be based on the simple fact that they deleted stuff that slows down the machine that you can do without there help

thats my story and I'm stick'n to it

there's only 1 program I know of to tweak your connections - it's called TC/IP optimizer. And it's free.

If you are using dial-up, there is nothing you can do to speed up your connection. Programs that claim to are hogwash.

Well I'm on wireless. But it's coming up as a Trojan. I think it's screwing with my connection. I wonder if it's blocking me from my service. Or my service is blocking me b/c of it.

It gets flagged as a Trojan, but it isn't. It reverses a limit Microsoft has placed on half-open connections. It allows you to browse at normal speeds when using P2P. Did you backup tcpip.sys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back