Pen drive not detected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, every one
i have laptop fujitsu siemens amilo.the problem is when i conected my pen drive or my camera with usb cabel. my computer not detected these devices. but when i conect my mp3 pen drive then detected.its very starnge for me becouse all the divers up to date. i also reinstal my xp 2 times but same problem.

hope some one help me to get rid of this problem

best regards

There may be 2 sets of drivers here. One for the USB on the computer and 1 for the devices themselves. If you reinstalled XP twice, I am confident that you know how to look at the Device Manager and look at the USB (probably at the bottom of the list) and make sure those drivers are up to date. Something tells me after the install those drivers were fouled up. After that, make sure you have the drivers for you flash drive and camera installed before you connect them.

thanks for reply, but my friend when i conected the pen drive noyhing happend.i know how to check the device maneger.and how to update.but till i could not understand why my computer detect the mp3 device but not pen drive or any usb external hard drive.i can not say somthing wrong with the usb ports.becouse these ports detect the usb mp3 device but not pen drive.

Suggestion: mayto to do with USB 2.0 ? HIgh Speed USB. Make sure your machine is capable of supporting USB2.0 Alternatively install the driver provided with the thumb drive. It should work.

You might want to list your machine specification, it would help to narrow down your problem. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back