Pentium D

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustin_ds3000

im thinking about building a new computer around a Pentium D 3.2GHz cpu. can anyone tell me if they are good. i do a lot of gaming and i do like to see how far i can push the computer by overclocking, plz help me out

for gaming the Pentium D may be better but for overclocking you should get a duel core i own a pentium D right now and I love it, its amazing at gaming :)

I own 2 Pent. D models. The 2.8 and the 3.4. With 2mb cache these do well. With the core 2's being frontrunners, Pentium D 945's bundled w/an ECS mobos run $125. I have my eye on the E6600 core 2 next upgrade. I don't overclock anything but I thought that my cpu's were "locked". Not sure.

Pentium D series CPU's were Intel's biggest failure. So they suck don't get one. If your on a budget get an AMD Athlon 64 X2.

Get this one instead. It's MUCH better. I know the clock speed is lower, but clock speed has almost no meaning these days. Gone are the days when clock speed is the deciding (or even a major) factor in purchasing a CPU. Clock speed isn't that important.

my son has a 3.0ghz Pentium D processor.It's a room warmer,runs way to hot for my taste.i have an AMD FX-60 dual core and am very pleased

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back