Perhaps a Malware

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravisunny2

For the last few days, when I log in to TECHSPOT, the NewEgg.com ad is replaced by 'Click here for Top Model SITES'.

Various parts of the female anatomy are displayed (mostly the face).

After a while, NewEgg takes over.

No, I have not been to naughty sites.

I can`t see anything nasty in your HJT log. However, something`s not quite right.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of ravisunny2 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Howard, I'm doomed for now.

Most of the recommended tools require XP, and I'm stuck with Win98SE.

Still waiting for the new motherboard so that I can load XP.

Thanks all the same.

Ok, in the mean time, try this.

Download the Autoruns programme from HERE. When the programme runs, click options and make sure the "Hide Microsoft Entries" is ticked. Click the file menu and select refresh. Click the save icon and save the Autoruns log to wherever you want.

Attach the Autoruns log here.

Your Autoruns log is clean.

Download and run as many of the tools/programmes in the instructions, that will run on Windows 98. Let me know the results.

This thread is for the use of ravisunny2 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

The problem has vanished, for good I hope.

I don't think it had anything to do with any infection in my PC.

That`s good news and thanks for letting me know.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back