Perl Modules problem after running Script

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dataslycer

After running the script

Can't locate HTTP/Request.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /home/wrhodes/perl-lib/ /home/hifi/perl5-lib /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at /home/wrhodes/perl-lib//LWP/UserAgent.pm line 122.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/wrhodes/perl-lib//LWP/UserAgent.pm line 122.
Compilation failed in require at /home/wrhodes/perl-lib//Finance/Quote/UserAgent.pm line 29.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/wrhodes/perl-lib//Finance/Quote/UserAgent.pm line 29.
Compilation failed in require at /home/wrhodes/perl-lib//Finance/Quote.pm line 36.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/wrhodes/perl-lib//Finance/Quote.pm line 36.
Compilation failed in require at getstockquote.pl line 72.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at getstockquote.pl line 72.

I have a few questions about the errors in nature. The first one deals with
Compilation failed in require at /home/wrhodes/perl-lib//Finance/Quote.pm line 36.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/wrhodes/perl-lib//Finance/Quote.pm line 36.

What is the nature of this constantly problem?

Second, how do you install modules if you do not have access to the server libraries? Typing "Make file" gives me an unsupported syntax error.

I know almost nothing about Perl, but I'd imagine that you are missing a file:
/home/wrhodes/perl-lib/HTTP/Request.pm

Does this file exist? What script are you trying to run, anyway?

getstockquote.pl

I know that I am missing the file though I can't manually install it into the perl library due to lack of permission of access to it.

What is your username? If you're wrhodes, an appropriate inclusion area appears to be in your home directory (/home/wrhodes/perl-lib/), so why not drop the required directory tree in there?

somehow, i have the feeling that i'm telling you things you already know... :|

I have other modules that doesn't contain that path in the INC so that would only be a temporary solution unless you can change it for the other modules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back