Personalized Titles?

XtR-X

Hey, have you guys ever thought about personal titles. I think those are pretty cool. Alot of other vBulletins I visit use personalized titles, they go under your rank in quote and italics in small font. You can put something short about yourself or anything in particular...

Examples would be:

"Learning about computers"

"Mr. Knowitall"

etc.

What do you guys think?

We had those at one time, but there was a major bug with it I believe.

Could be something to consider although I believe we can keep things more civilized with standarized titles, I'm open to suggestions and if more people would like to have custom titles available we could make it happen.

Well at EOCF it's just above your av, where your rank is. Actually we ended up taking out the post count (people were being flamed with low posts) and inserting a rank below the av and the custom quote at the top.

No, I mean extra titles. Yes, you can keep your techspot ranks given by posts and or by you, but this goes above or below your rank, just a little area you can type in, like maximum 20 chars.

I think this could be potentially bad, as we are trying to keep this a clean and family oriented site. If people could use this and not abuse it, it might be a good thing, but I don't like where it could turn.

I think things are going fine the way they are, and for 'regular' users I think they can get an idea of what status members are in by reading their posts. No need to add a personalized title.

Back