Peter Thiel says "treasonous" Google should be investigated by CIA and FBI

midian182

Staff member
Why it matters: Peter Thiel, the billionaire co-founder of PayPal and Palantir, has called on the CIA and FBI to investigate Google for its “seemingly treasonous” decision to allegedly work with the Chinese military and not with the US military.

As reported by Axios, Thiel made his comments at the National Conservatism conference in Washington on Sunday. He asked if Google’s senior management considered the company “to have been thoroughly infiltrated by Chinese intelligence.”

“Is it because they consider themselves to be so thoroughly infiltrated that they have engaged in the seemingly treasonous decision to work with the Chinese military and not with the US military... because they are making the sort of bad, short-term rationalistic [decision] that if the technology doesn't go out the front door, it gets stolen out the backdoor anyway?"

Thiel added that the CIA and FBI should question Google over its alleged ties to the Chinese military “in a not excessively gentle manner."

While there is no evidence linking Google to Chinese Intelligence, the company faced criticism last year for Project Dragonfly— a censored search engine it was building for the Chinese government. The news was certainly controversial—even the company’s own employees called for it to be canceled—and it was reportedly shut down in December.

Thiel was also referencing Google’s decision not to renew its contract with the Pentagon. It had provided AI and machine learning algorithms capable of object recognition for Project Maven, which used Google's tools to trawl through thousands of hours of drone footage.

Thiel, who is one of the few big names in Silicon Valley to publicly support Donald Trump, was slammed by Bloomberg columnist Shira Ovide for his “irresponsible” comments. But his Palantir co-founder, Joe Lonsdale, defended him.

“Everyone in the Valley knows that the Chinese government is very involved [with Google]” Lonsdale told CNBC. “It’s something we don’t talk about a lot. It was very courageous of (Thiel) to talk about it.”

Permalink to story.

LOL, who's going to investigate these unconstitutional FBI/CIA treasonous agencies?
They all should be taken down. Too inside the beltway deep state bureaucrats!

Thiel is probably jealous so wants to stir up some :poop:

He certainly does not know that the CIA would, by law, never investigate a domestic company. That is the sole realm of the FBI. More so, CIA is "intelligence," not a law enforcement agency.
LOL, who's going to investigate these unconstitutional FBI/CIA treasonous agencies?
They all should be taken down. Too inside the beltway deep state bureaucrats!
If you said something like that in Russia or China you would "disappear"
Which is a good argument, IMO, that conspiracy theories like that are less than factual.

Blatant misdirection. Imagine the CIA and FBI investigating the NSA's own bouncing baby boy. Thiel IS the intelligence asset here, and this kind of prop piece is what he gets paid for.

Wow is the "Tin Hat" strong in this thread...

Wow, its almost like these multi-national companies care only about profit and not about the country they came from. Oh wait, that's exactly what's happening...
While that is not an incorrect point, it's still treason if this turns out to be true about Google.

Peter Thiel is also a big-time supporter of Trump... so that says a lot about his view on reality.
That really says more about you than either of them.

If you honestly believe the words that escape that man's mouth, I feel sorry for you. There's only a billion things that have been (proven to be) lies and another billion that he's just not informed on.
As opposed to any other politician?

"Beyond records" you say? Ok, whatever that means.
Even Fox news is beginning to stop believing him. nuff' said? ...or maybe the fact that he lied multiple times about where his own father grew up. Why would anybody lie about something like that? Look up numbers on his lies. His truth statements sit at about 5% where as the rest of his statements are somewhere between a little to completely false.

After reading the article, he equates google not working with the united states military on ai and google making dragonfly search engine for the chinese to treason. Pretty moronic.
If Google refused to work with both the US military and the Chinese government, most would be ok with that. To help China to suppress it's own people is an anathema to American values and it should also be to any American corporation or business.

If Google refused to work with both the US military and the Chinese government, most would be ok with that. To help China to suppress it's own people is an anathema to American values and it should also be to any American corporation or business.
I think most people would completely agree that gagme working with China to produce a search engine that is selective for its population is strictly against moral values; however, for Thiel to equate that to treason is way over-the-top, IMO.

gagme has simply shown that it is more interested in its bottom line than in the people that they are helping to suppress. Personally, I think everyone has known for some time that gagme is only interested in profit. If they were interested in something else, like the betterment of humanity, they would never sell in any form, personally identifiable or not, the data of the people who use their services.

Heck, I see search results specifically highlighting the big box stores, like BestBuy, in my area for certain things, and nowhere is it mentioned about one of the best Mom and Pop type stores where one could get the same things and by far, better service. Obviously, those big box stores bought the top spots in the search results and for me, that means I am going to the Mom and Pop store - as I always have and always will. Often, the Mom and Pop store has better prices and their service and product knowledge is astronomically better, and even if the Mom and Pop store's price is higher than elsewhere, I still buy from them.

gagme is for sale to the highest bidder. They don't GAF about anything else. Personally, I avoid them like the plague - I never, ever, log into u-tub to view videos, or, for that matter, any of their other services. That's my protest against them, and if more people did the same gagme would notice and perhaps not be the :poop: company they are.

Yet, as I see it - at least in part from posts here on TS, many gloat over them, over Android, over Chrome, and anything else gagme related.

Honestly, if anyone or anything is to blame for where gagme is today it is people who use their services/software/whatever; that, alone, at least as I see it, is the only source of their power and people, themselves, give it to them.

Simple answer, IMO. Stop using gagme.

Back