PFN LIST CORRUPT ... please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I'm new here. I found a couple similar problems to mine on the board, but I need more help.
New computer, self built (2-3weeks old)
CPU: AMD Athlon X2 3800+ (64 bit)
MOBO: Asus K8N-SLI
RAM: Corsair XMS Twinx2048-3200c2pt dual channel 2-3-3-6 ddr400
GPU: GigaByte 6600GT
PSU: Enermax 400w (modular..very cool)

Here is my immediate issue. I am getting BSOD (4x and counting with this install), with a PFN List Corrupt message. Now, seemingly to me, this only happens when using windows media player. Hasnt happened yet with anything else. Music/videos - it will BS on me.

Added to this - i have used MemTest 86 overnight with no errors on a CAS 3 setting but not on my current CAS 2. This ram is rated to be at CAS 2 and is quality ram. Ive seen things also about overheating, but my cpu doesnt get much above 44 under full load. Most of the time is at 38C idle. Nothing is currently overclocked but I will admit I did play around through software with Asus's NOS stuff, fully not knowing really what I was doing. But I did that kinda when I got the chip so there really is no telling this was Pre or Post amateur OC'ing.

THANKS IN ADVANCE
Nate

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

0x0000004E: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

This indicates that the memory management Page File Number list is corrupted. Can be caused by corrupt physical RAM, or by drivers passing bad memory descriptor lists.

Go HERE and follow the instructions for testing your page file/hdd.

Also, try running your system with just one stick of ram. Try putting the ram in a different dimm slot.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back