Philips seismic edge psc 704 ( XP drivers)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't support XP, Philips replaced the card with the PSC 705 instead. I think if you contact Philips though you can trade it in, not sure on if that's still going on though.

I'VE GOT GOOD NEWS.....

DON'T WORRY:
Now you can use your sound card seismic edge 704 on windows XP without problems. No more crackling or popping.....

I know PHILIPS won't give us a new driver for this card, but MICROSOFT give a compatibility solution....

If you need information how to install this card correctly, this is the page you need going: http://www.3dss-forums.com/cgi-bin/...7&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=8&vc=1

I followed the steps and believe me... my sound card PSC 704 works very well....... Only you need to know spanish (all the steps are in spanish)....

PHILIPS.... GO TO HELL..

And in case you don't know spanish, you'll find an (automated) translation here:
THOUSAND EXCUSES IF I WRITE TO THEM IN SPANISH, BUT MY INGLES IS BAD. If I have time I will translate east document to the Ingles: As I promised to them previously, here them shipment the steps that will have to follow retail for a correct compatibility with Windows XP, and thus to avoid any problem at the time of the installation:
1. The first great step that will have to do is: "To install the operating system again Windows XP" (to begin from zero). Lamentably they must do this, since although they install the controllers again step by step as I explain to them next, the noises and interruptions in the music reproduction will not be solved.

2, Format the disc and installs Windows XP in their computer, with peripheral (Hardware) and the respective controllers (external video, modem, cards PCI, ports USB, etc, etc), DO NOT place the sound card in the PCI slot, as this will have to be installed after the XP installation

3. After installing XP, shut down the computer and place the sound card in a PCI slot. When you restart the computer and XP finds the sound card, CANCEL the automated installation. You'll have to do it manually

4. After this is done you'll be almost ready to install the card. For this they must have at the hand controller both (the version 1,16, that offers the Philips; and the version 1,17 that offers this page) that will be indispensable at the time of the installation.

5. Decompress both controllers, and in different folders (it is preferable that you leave the names by default so that to them becomes easy to recognize the version that is going to be use at the time of the installation).

6. Once they decompress the controllers, DO NOT INSTALL THEM! Before installing they follow them these steps: (THIS IT IS THE TRICK):
a. Go to "Accessories", then start "Assistant for compatibility of programs".
b. Choose: "To locate the program manually".
c. In the option "Access route to the program", 1,16 (PSC704_WDM_ENG_V116 chooses the controller of the version: name by default) in the folder where you decompressed it.
d. In the subfolder "English" (PSC704_WDM_ENG_V116\WDM\ENGLISH) there will appear 4 EXE files: "EdUninst, Seismic, SELaunch and TBIRDEJS". Choose one of the EXE files and next they select to the Operating system "Windows 2000" in the Assistant for compatibility of programs. Continue with the compatibility process.
e. You will have to repeat this operation with the other 3 EXE files too, cover all important files but, the "TBIRDEJS".
f. He is preferable that makes this process of compatibility with the 4 archives that I have mentioned to them.
g. EYE: Consider that I have used until now version 1.16

7. After this, you will be ready for the installation of the sound card. Go to "Control Panel", then to System; Hardware; Administrator of devices; "Dispositivos of sound, video and games: Here you will see that there are three devices that declare: They have not settled controladores".

8. Now one by one you will have to install them manually.
9. Both first devices that they will have to install will be a. Philips Seismic Audio Edge Game Port Enumerator.
b. Philips Seismic Audio Edge Support Registers.

10, TAKE CARE OF: The installation of these two first devices will have to be with the CONTROLLER VERSION 1.16 (eye).

11. After you have installed the previous devices, install the device:
a. Philips Seismic Audio Edge ("PCI multimedia").
This device has the name of PCI multimedia before taking place the installation. After installing it appears it the name: Philips Seismic Audio Edge.

12, TAKE CARE OF: The installation of this last device will be made with the CONTROLLER VERSION 1.17. It does not use version 1,16 (eye).

13. In order to finish, go to "Start" -> "Run". Write: "msconfig" (without the "). It will appear the picture: "Utility of configuration of the system", chooses the tab "Beginning", and unmarks the options here: selaunch (selaunch.exe) and seismic (seismic.exe), leaving single marked to the option tbirdejs (tbirdjes.exe). This avoids certain problems with the sound.

14. RESTART THE SYSTEM.

15. This way, I guarantee that you will not be bothered with the noises and interruptions that you had previously

NOTE: I want to tell you that the compatibility is not of the 100%, according to my opinion is between 80 to 90% (it is an old card and as they know to the PHILIPS interests COMINO to him, CUCUMBER, MIER... to update a controller who guarantees 100% of compatibility).
But when following the steps that mention to them, and when proving them in 3 different computers: Pentium II (Celeron), AMD Pro 1500+ (equivalent to a Pentium III), and Pentium IV, everything were very well. I could not both prove with other computers or other possible alternatives in the combination of archives of controller BY TEDIOUS and the TREMENDOUS TIME THAT I AM CARRIED OUT the INSTALLATION Of WINDOWS XP and the ACCOMPLISHMENT OF EVERYTHING THAT I HAVE EXPLAINED to YOU PREVIOUSLY. ALSO IF THIS DOCUMENT IS OF UTILITY To WHICH THEY HAVE RHYTHMIC EDGE 702 (simply not I have not proven myself it)

To MY FRIENDS And ALL WHAT ALL The LUCK OF MY PART HAS SEISMIC EDGE 704 THEM DESIRE...............

I re-wrote some of it for ease of understanding, as babelfish didn't manage the grammar very well...
But when I couldn't make sense of it, I didn't change it...

The files he refers to from "here", is on the first page of the thread, which you can reach here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back