Photo gallery upgrade

Julio Franco

Staff member
Just upgraded our Gallery section to the latest version of Photopost, I believe it has a number of bugs fixed, features upgraded and a few touches here and there... please let me know if you come across any problems.

https://www.techspot.com/gallery/

Thanks!

Pictures still won't load when certain firewalls/ firewall settings are used. Can't understand why we couldn't use the same settings as for the forums, as there are a lot more pictures posted there that could be a target for bandwidth stealing.

I think you start to have problems with the gallery once you enable privacy features of firewalls. I use Zone Alarm on a machine only for restriction I/O access to certain programs. I do not use built in pop up killers, privacy features, etc & the gallery works fine.

I don't think I'll be using the gallery while privacy restrictions are in place. It just isn't acceptable to change firewall settings simply to view gallery pics. This is the only place on the entire web that has ever given me problems, and I visit a lot of websites daily. Still, if others are happy enough to put up with it, then I can live with that. I can't see Julio changing things :=).

Nic, as I said in another post, I don't have any problems seeing the pictures in the gallery with MyIE2, BUT, I just reloaded Opera, v7.50 Final, which is the latest, and I also don't see any pictures. All settings on default, plus I've tried changing all browser settings, still can't get the pictures. Zone Alarm Pro, cookie control set to medium. If I turn the cookie control to off, I see the pictures.

Didou, in addition to no pictures, in Opera I also see the problem with the sigs, they're to small to read or just a line. Also the vote buttons are missing, ok on MyIE2. If I turn ZA Pro cookie control to off, I can see the vote buttons on Opera.

Opera is fully compliant with all the latest web standards, unlike IE, or browsers based on IE.

Oh, and Opera 7.50 is really cool - a big improvement over previous versions. Me likes :=).

Well now that the gallery seems to be a hot topic, I think people need to be a bit more carefull of the sections in which they upload.

Everyone seems to use the default upload section ( "member's gallery" ) when it would be a lot more appropriate to use the proper section.

Hardware pics ( computer parts, insides of your case, outside of the case, etc ) go to the PC Hardware & Modding pics.

Anything related to games ( screenshots, artwork, etc ) go to Fragfest & Gaming in general.

Pics of where you post from ( your office, your house, etc ) go to Your Desktop looks.

Everything else goes to the Random Stuff section.

Please pay attention to the section in which you're uploading your pictures from now on, it makes it easier for people to browse & find what they're looking for.:grinthumb

Back