Photoshop 7 key retrieval

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmk75

I have lost my CD with a serial number for my Photoshop 7. I have it installed on my PC with win 98. Is there any way to find that S/N inside my system? Software legally purchased and registered.

Thanks
Dmitry

There are two programs that MIGHT give you the key. I cant say for sure since I dont have any adobe programs installed.

one is Aida32 which displays license keys for most software. the software is discontinnued but you should be able to find it with a google search. you need the enterprise version for the license key info capability.

the other is a newer freeware program called SIW system info for windows and it will display the registration keys for many installed programs. the program does not install just run it and then open the programs menu and select the program and in the right hand box it will display the program info incuding most times the regestration key.

you can get SIW here.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/gtopala/about_siw.html

or simply open Photoshop, Click Help, then About Photoshop. It should show your name and the Key in the lower right corner of the box that pops up.

Thanks
But it didn't help. Great program though!!!
It shows ProductID: so many numbers but the last four are XXXX.

What do I do next?

Dmitry

StormBringer said:
or simply open Photoshop, Click Help, then About Photoshop. It should show your name and the Key in the lower right corner of the box that pops up.
Works for me. Did you try that?

Yes it does, but if you count number of digits it's missing 4 digits to make a complete serial number.

Thanks
Dmitry

Well, mine shows only 20 digits. I just want to repeat: I have win 98se with photoshop 7.0.1. What's wrong with me? Do you have the same version?

When I use that "SIW" program it shows 24 digits but the last 4 only "XXXX".

Does Adobe keep serials with registration?

Thanks though
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
added later:

I'm genius!
Just now I found it! When I clicked to register online it opened registration window at adobe.com with serial number in a field for serial number. So now I know the last 4 digits.

Thanks everybody for your effort to help me!

Dmitry :bounce:
:haha:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back