Photoshop CS + Windows SP2 compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,
I've had friends trying to convince me to upgrade my windows XP (home) to SP2 for a long time now, but I'm hesitant to do so since Microsoft has a list of programs which experience problems with the service pack, among which is Photoshop CS:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/884130

I'm not sure what the "processor type" reference is linked to, and since Photoshop CS is already installed on the system I dont know whether it would be affected at all.

I've been looking around to see if anyone else makes reference to this combination but have been unsuccessful so far: Does anyone have any idea/experience/opinions with this kind of issue?

Thankyou kindly.

I also have WinXP Pro (SP2) installed along with Photoshop CS and experience absolutely no problems!

thats definately a good thing to hear =) thank you both for the quick responses.
now its jut a matter of backing up all my files, which should be fun.

thanks again!

You're welcome. It's a very good habit to perform a backup after some significant changes. But I still sometimes forget about it:).

Good luck with your upgrading!

I agree, I'm guilty of being slack with backups -- mainly because i have a lot of files n such. easier just to assume it will work fine :)

Yep. CS2 on XP SP2 no problems.
SP2 is according to benchtests slower than SP1 (god knows why), so maybe it chugs photoshop a little, but i've never noticed.
Go for it dude! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back