Photoshop CS2 freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Prefect

Hi Folks,
I've been using Photoshop 7 and Photoshop Elements 5 for some time now with no problems.
I've recently got a full version (tryout) of CS2.
It installed without a hitch but when I launch it, everything appears to be OK (I get the message saying you have 28 days left etc) but it then freezes.
I can't access any of the menus or even click the toolbars.
The only way to get out is via Task Mgr.
The strange thing is that it works perfectly on my daughter's PC and the only differences are that she is on XP Home with a 2.8MHz Pentium D and 1GB of RAM, whereas I'm on XP-Pro on a dual P6 with 4GB of RAM.
Any ideas?
Anybody know of any conflicts between v7 and CS or elements and CS?
Regards.

What on earth is a 'dual P6' please?
If you have a tryout version then you have the original release without all the updates. It may just be that there is something on yours that this version of CS2 doesn't like, but is not found on your daughters.

I've been using CS2 since it came out on numerous different PCs. It's had its glitches every now and again, but not what you've reported, sorry!

Thanks for your post.
Are you using CS2 on its own or do you have other versions also on your PC?
The tryout version was from a recent (this year's) mag and is pretty much up to date so I don't think it's that.
Also, there's very little difference in progs between my PC and my daughter's and as I said it's ok on hers.
BTW P6 is the Intel name for the Core 2 DUO CPUs.
Regards.

Ford Prefect said:
BTW P6 is the Intel name for the Core 2 DUO CPUs.
Regards.
:p show off!

In that case i wonder if there is a difference in installation seeing as photoshop has been core threaded since v5 (i beleive, or v6).
I remember on the macs you had to move a file into a certain folder to take advantage of multi-threading.

Oh, and i'm using it as part of the full CS suite if it helps any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back