Physical Memory DUmp, Blue screen of death

Status
Not open for further replies.

james_k1988

My mate is having a really annoying problem. He keeps getting the blue screen of death, and the message is mostly says " Phisical Memory Dump" . An its happening alot! Its got alot worse lately. I scanned hte forums for otehr people with this and I cloked one that said to go into event viewer and copy teh description of a few 1001 's and put them up here. So here I am with some lol ther attached to this message.

His games always crash as well, well one in particualr Medal Of Honor SH as thats all he plays lol :blush: but it keeps freezeing, and its as if the sound that was playin at the time goes scatty lol

I'm not sure if this is a problem with the Memory or the graphics card. But I want to make sure be4 we do tests, any idea anyone??

(p.s. Before he reformated he got a similiar mesage. He got a blue screen of death, an it said it wos restartin in 30 secs, which it did, but every time it got 2 the login screen it would come up again and again, hence thats why he reformated. Jus tellin ya incase that helps ;) )

*EDIT* On a restart he just done there he got a new log on his desktop, came from nowher, I added it to attachments

Attachments

• 4.txt.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 122
  • ERRORS.zip
    1 KB · Views: 104
More info

james_k1988 said:
He keeps getting the blue screen of death,

His games always crash as well,

(p.s. Before he reformated he got a similiar mesage. He got a blue screen of death, an it said it wos restartin in 30 secs, which it did, but every time it got 2 the login screen it would come up again and again, hence thats why he reformated. Jus tellin ya incase that helps ;)
Hmm, please list his configuration.

I'm assuming he's using XP based on the "Reboot in 30 seconds" you mentioned. Only XP does that. The more ram you have, the longer the dump takes, so I also assume he only has 256MB of ram?

So many different things can cause an XP "BSOD" or in XP's case, the "dark-blue" screen of death, but 99% of the time, it is a "device" that caused this type of error. Software/driver crashes usually just produce an error message and refuse to run. But in some cases, a bad driver can cause a DBSOD too, so it's difficult to say w/o more info.

PS: My gut feeling is one of his drives is going bad.

Zip the following files and attach the zip file here
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini070105-01.dmp
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini070105-02.dmp
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini070105-03.dmp
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini063005-02.dmp

Hmm I was dead set it was a problem with the memory, but the files u asked for are attached to this message. I couldnt fit them all in one folder and be able to upload to here, max upload is 100kb an the folder wos 103kb lol ive split up the files

And sorry cant believe I forgot to say what he had :blush: :

Xp Home
512 mb RAm
190Geg HDD
Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHZ
Geforce Fx 5200

The last one u asked for, the " C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini063005-02.dmp " wasnt there, but there was one simliar which I've added :angel:

Attachments

• Mini070105-03.zip
    75.6 KB · Views: 74
  • Mini062405-02.zip
    27.7 KB · Views: 46
Try under-clocking.

james_k1988 said:
Xp Home
512 mb RAm
190Geg HDD
Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHZ
Geforce Fx 5200
At that speed, he's probably running pretty hot. What does he use for a heatsink?

Have him try "under-clocking" the CPU first to see if the problems go away. If so, his CPU is either overheating, or may be slightly heat damaged due to running hot over a long period of time.

james_k1988 said:
Hmm i was dead set it was a problem with the memory, but the files u asked for are attached to this message. I couldnt fit them all in one folder and be able to upload to here, max upload is 100kb an the folder wos 103kb lol ive split up the files

And sorry cant believe i forgot to say what he had :blush: :

Xp Home
512 mb RAm
190Geg HDD
Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHZ
Geforce Fx 5200

The last one u asked for, the " C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini063005-02.dmp " wasnt there, but there was one simliar which i've added :angel:
Your nVidia Display card driver is incompatible with XP SP2. Install nVidia Display Driver 61.77 cos it is a stable version.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_61.77.html
You can install the latest nvidia Display Card Driver but I have several open BSOD cases and the failing module is the lateset nVidia Display Card driver.

Right he updated his drivers but to no avail. It still freezes during games an stillg ets that blue screen. I'll try undercloking his CPU but i'm pretty certain its his ram, due to that log he got after restarting (after the BSOD), rememebr to check it out, its attached to my first thread. But i;m going to test his ram out and see what it says, gonna use that memorytest86 thing. Any other ideas what it could be though? If you need more files just let me know :p

Crash types

james_k1988 said:
But i;m going to test his ram out and see what it says, gonna use that memorytest86 thing. Any other ideas what it could be though?
When XP gives you it's Dark-blue BSOD, usually (about 75% of the time) it does a "Physical Memory Dump" to disk to aid in recovery after you reboot, but that doesn't mean your RAM is bad. That's just what it does.

If there is anything he can do to consistantly reproduce the crash, that will give you the best idea of where to look. If running 3D games crashes the computer, it could be the card or the driver. If you can always reproduce the problem by running programs on a particular drive, the drive may be failing. If it seems to crash only after a certain amount of use, it's probably an overheating problem.

Since the hardware is the easiest to check, do all that first. Check the ram, check the drives for imminent failure (utilities on the drive maker's website), try underclocking the CPU... even the video card... to rule out overheating.

Once you've ruled out hardware, we can look at software.

PS: Is this a home-built machine or commercial?

i ve got the same problem with my notebook, it was a slot of ram demaged, try changing the ram with a friend and see if the problem still there. im pretty sure that the other pc will crash after this...it take 5 min to check this but could fix ur problem....

i done a Ram test with that memory86 thing and all were sucessful, except for 1 " LRAND " , which failed on test 2,6 and 8 (it does a quite alota tests, it was sucesful on the others) ,is this important? Is it a vital error and could be the cause of all these problems?

same here

im haveing the exact same problem with my pc iv rebuilt the whole thing except for the cd drives and i run
abit nf7 nforce 2 mobo
amd 2800 barton
1 gig ocz mem
ati 9800 pro
sony cd burner
dvd drive (off brand)
my whole system is water cooled

Usually a Memory problem will result in random restarts. If your memory fails any of Memtest86's tests I would retest it again thoroughly.

gonna try swapping my ram over with his next time i get a chance to see what happens. also i found out the message it gives when teh blue screen comes up, something along hte lines of

"encountered an error, possible problem with new hardware"

jus like to add that he hasnt added anything to teh computer since he got it lol im guessing part of the hardwares failing

Mugsy said:
At that speed, he's probably running pretty hot. What does he use for a heatsink?

Have him try "under-clocking" the CPU first to see if the problems go away. If so, his CPU is either overheating, or may be slightly heat damaged due to running hot over a long period of time.

i just cheked it, running at 30'c ( /82f ) so its runnign cool enuf, could probably overclock it if he wanted to lol

Blue Screen Physical Memory Dump

Funnily enough I managed to fix that same problem of Blue Screen today.

All I did was empty 1.2GB of Temporary Internet Files from the persons computer and that was it.

wierd! but true. :0)

hehe ya lucky git

well ive tried something else be4 i start arsein bout with ram. He claimed he reformated his com like a dozen times but the prosedure he went through sounded quit different to the way i do it. He uses a disc called "Product recovery" the way this one works is you fire it in teh cdrom drive, restart the com an like a normal xp disc it gives yout eh old press ne key to continue. But foe him instead of it saying about repairing xp or even deleteing / createing a partition, it goes straight to teh formating and xp setup. and it doesnt ask for the serial code,timezone, keyboard layout etc.

ive never herd of this be4 but by teh sounds of it, it wasnt deleteing ALL the files so i done it right an i'm testing it now. Ive only been going for about an hour or so now but i ran into some problems. I fixed all of them (inlcuding deleteing 175 adware and like 10 hijackers, the thing had only been going for an hour for F**k sake lol ) But i got this one message, it only came up once but be4 the 4mat it said it a few times

I cant remember it exactly but it comes up sometimes when installing (if u try 2 install a second time its usually away but i thought id mention neways)

" cannot find file c:\doc an users\user\..\temp "

sumfin like that, got me thinkin that if this problem doesnt stop, it could also be the hard drive :unch:

right i reforamted it.

I never got the blue screen once, but it still keeps crashing during games, i swtiched his ram,graphics card and even tried putting a new hard drive in but still keeps saying that send error report message

but i never once got the blue screen. And funnily enough when he was at his amtes a while ago (the problem was happeneing at this point) his games did crash, but he never got hte blue screen, only seems to happen at his home, but when i gave him him computer back just a while ago there, and he hooked it up, he encountered something, his bue screen problems seem to be comeing from his modem!

as soon as he plugged it in and started it up, he got the blue screen. he kept retrying it still kept getting blue screen. ANyone heard of this? or know how to fix it?

Blue screen of death

james_k1988 said:
My mate is having a really annoying problem. He keeps getting the blue screen of death, and the message is mostly says " Phisical Memory Dump" . An its happening alot! Its got alot worse lately. I scanned hte forums for otehr people with this and i cloked one that said to go into event viewer and copy teh description of a few 1001 's and put them up here. So here i am with some lol ther attached to this message.

His games always crash as well, well one in particualr Medal Of Honor SH as thats all he plays lol :blush: but it keeps freezeing, and its as if the sound that was playin at the time goes scatty lol

i'm not sure if this is a problem with the Memory or the graphics card. But i want to make sure be4 we do tests, any idea anyone??

(p.s. Before he reformated he got a similiar mesage. He got a blue screen of death, an it said it wos restartin in 30 secs, which it did, but every time it got 2 the login screen it would come up again and again, hence thats why he reformated. Jus tellin ya incase that helps ;) )

*EDIT* On a restart he just done there he got a new log on his desktop, came from nowher, i added it to attachments

Will the zips work or will i have to reformat

This problem was fixed a while ago m8. Ill tell you how incase your having a similiar problem.

The bsod turned out to be his modem :confused: its was a usb one at the time. That is why wherenever his computer was out his house noone else never got it. So he changed to ethernet. I suggest you check out your hardware

And the frezeing turned out to be the cpu overheating. His fan was clogged with dust and was causeing it to overheat every so often

hope this helps you m8

Blue screen of death

I have found that it was a hardware problem with my ethnet card that i had put to in to my machine. I have since taken this out and i have just one now. Many thanks. I am also looking for some good down load sites can you help DVD music. :bounce:

My bro is getting the same thing.. I have posted the last .dmp file here to see if anyone can understand it .. I couldn't lol

any help will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Mini071807-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 10
Details, please.

Nosferatu_uk said:
My bro is getting the same thing.. i have posted the last .dmp file here to see if anyone can understand it .. i couldn't lol

any help will be greatly appreciated.

Dump files usually aren't much help. Please describe your specific problem in detail.

I think i may of solved it, There was an "unknown Device" listed as an exclimation mark in the hardware devices box and nothing would install it. but i DL'ed the Chipset drivers from Asus and it has been found.. yet it doesn't display what it was that it finaly found, yet it has just installed and now isn't showing as "unknown Device" instead its listed everything is now installed and working properly, But i have a wireless network card on a M2V Asus 64bit dual core mobo and everytime i open more than one IE window and then try maximizing one of the windows to fill the screen it will hang the PC.. it just freezes, no error, no blue screen, and it won't do it to anything else other than the net related windows.. If i disable the card and enable a USB wireless dongle it will work fine no probs.. (except the BSOD whichi think i have fixed)

Any ideas on that one at all? its surely baffled me lol

And yeah i have the latest drivers for the card,
I have tried two different types of D-Link PCI cards and now on a Netgear PCI card which is still freezing with all 3 cards.. but if a USB dongle is used the problems don't arrise. And i know what your thinking .. carry on using the USB adapter then, but i hate the little thing its unpredictable, sometimes the W/LAN will be lost and takes it ages to be found again while other PCI network comps will have no troble at all in my house ever.. so strange..

Just previewed my post and i have missed alot of commas out. But you'll get the jist of the post lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back