Pick up 'Saints Row 2' for free courtesy of GOG

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Looking for something to do this weekend but don’t want to spend any money or get out of the house? GOG has you covered. To celebrate the arrival of Saints Row 4 and Saints Row: Gat out of Hell on the DRM-free platform, GOG for a limited time is offering up a free copy of Saints Row 2.

The freebie is good through Saturday, April 22 at 6 a.m. Eastern (that’s 3 a.m. Pacific) and is yours to keep forever – no demo or limited tutorial here. And because it’s DRM-free, you won’t have to fiddle with a game client like Steam or Galaxy to activate and play. You will need to sign up for a GOG account if you don’t already have one but that’s the only requirement (a fair trade-off, if you ask me).

As mentioned, Saints Row 4 and Saints Row: Gat out of Hell are now both available on GOG (and at a very reasonable rate). You’ll pay just $4.99 for Saints Row 4 and only $3.74 for Gat out of Hell, games that are regularly priced at $19.99 and $14.99, respectively.

Saints Row may not get the same level of attention as Grand Theft Auto but it’s still a great open-world franchise with a unique feel from a developer that isn’t afraid to push the boundaries.

GOG is also running a sale for the next week on a collection of 10 titles from publisher Deep Silver. In addition to a handful of Saints Row games, you’ll get other favorites like Metro 2033, Deadlight and Risen for $47.25.

Permalink to story.

It's also free on Steam for anyone wanting it on that platform. Yes you're welcome to hype GOG, but please check the competing platform before finishing your news? The sale is for the Saint's Row franchise, while on Humble it's a Deep Silver sale for the weekend.

I dont understand in this day n age why ppl who write articles never fully look into to their own story. Or is it maybe just a copy n paste from somehwere else, that seems to happen a lot. I guess research is a thing of the past.
Why promote a leaser platform when GOG isnt even as big as Steam. Sure some know it but everyone knows Steam.

It's also free on Steam for anyone wanting it on that platform. Yes you're welcome to hype GOG, but please check the competing platform before finishing your news? The sale is for the Saint's Row franchise, while on Humble it's a Deep Silver sale for the weekend.
I dont understand in this day n age why ppl who write articles never fully look into to their own story. Or is it maybe just a copy n paste from somehwere else, that seems to happen a lot. I guess research is a thing of the past.
Why promote a leaser platform when GOG isnt even as big as Steam. Sure some know it but everyone knows Steam.
C'mon fellas, be reasonable, Shawn is only human, just like the rest of us. If he was aware of it being free on Steam as well I'm damn sure he would've mentioned it. We should actually be thankful that he informed us of it at all.
That said, I had no idea about it so I'm gonna check it out now, so if you don't see any troll... err, comments from me for a while, you'll know why.

Last edited:

Some of us prefer to purchase our games from GOG since they are DRM-free. No client is required to download a game and the GOG Galaxy is optional (except when it's required for multiplayer in some games).

I know it's a shocker but healthy competition amongst store-fronts is generally a good thing (especially given the appalling virtually non-working state some older games have previously been released on Steam)...

There is nothing wrong with competition, but when informing ppl of a promo of any kind would be nice if the article followed through n listed all sources not just one.

btw, those of us that use Steam alrdy know of the promo so thats why Blue said its on Steam too. TechSpot did not inform us we informed its users where it can also be found for free as we use Steam.

For one, GOG is DRM free.... if you know what that implicates.... duh....

Back