Pictures don't load

Status
Not open for further replies.

olefarte

I have a problem with pictures loadiing, in several other forum sites. All of a sudden this morning while surfing, where there should be a picture, there is only a box with red x, in the upper left hand corner of where the picture should be. This changed while I was online, not following a restart. Don't have this problem on TechSpot, at least as far as I can tell.

I know this has probably been covered here before, but I couldn't fiind anything on it. Seems like I remember it's a Java issue?

Running XP, Ad-aware, Spybot, ZA Pro, MyIE2, (same results on IE), latest version of Java.

I have tried turning off the "immunize" feature of Spybot, and tried everything in ZA, (I think), except shutting it down, which I won't do.

Thanks for any help.

See if clearing the temporary Internet Files changes anything. It seems it's been given very often as advice when this problem occurs.

Some people used to have problems loading the images in the gallery, but it seemed to be a setting in NPF that was blocking them ( I don't think ZA blocks them by default ).

You can always try to use Firefox to see if it's just a problem with IE or if the problem lies somewhere else ( firewall, isp filters, etc ).

Thanks Didou, I tried cleaning the temp files like you said and it didn't make any difference.

I'm begining to wonder if the problem is not mine, and maybe the pictures have been take down, because I'm not having that problem everywhere. I remember seeing this same thing here at TS, in the "Picture of you........." thread, on some pictures that I posted, and the free hosting site canceled my account, (didn't like me using it that way). Now, all I see in my post is the box with the red x in the upper left corner.

So, maybe the pics were just removed. Again thanks.

Usually you can repair IE from add/remove programs... that has helped me at times to fix wierd bugs like the one you're having (I've never had quite the same problem.)

Sounds like a registry link for the file type interpreter is b0rked to me, but that's pure speculation.

Yep, if the pics are removed from the server they were on or changed addresses you will get that red x. In fact a lot of the threads I have linked will probably do that at some point in the future because I won't be a student at the university I'm at now anymore and they will shut off my account eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back