Pl Help Me With Disk Parameters!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!:wave:
Im new to techspot env but quite keenly looking for a solution...hope u guys can help me out.....

i have read similar threads too but coudnt find a solution to my prob:( so writiing mah own....

i have 250Gb Hard disk into 4 partition of 50+50+100+50 Gbs each.
I recently upgraded to Windows vista from windows Xp-SP2.Bt found former a big crap n reverted back to WinXp-SP2.

But to my amusment when i first booted back in Winxp the 100Gb partition is although shown in My Computer but double clicking it says : "E:\ not accessible parameter not correct"!!!! or sometimes if i skip the disk scan at boot up it says ""e:\not accessible the file or directory is either corrupted or unreadable"

*File system is NTFS
*The disk is shown as logical in Disk Managment and all recovery tools i tried!!!!:giddy:
Please help me get it working back on track as i got loads of my data on it!!!!

try this: right click on my computer, click on MANAGE. click on disk management on the left when the management console loads up. scroll down to your disk/partitions, right click on one of the drives/partitions, and see if it lets you INITIALIZE them. if so, this will restore functionality of your drives. be careful you don't do anything like format them though.

Hey!thanks for the reply......
i went to the disk managment section n saw the partion of 100 GB in healthy state!but could not find a way to INITIALIZE it:(.........

Thanks friend,i just downloaded "test_desk" software.its an open source and did the job for me!copied all the contents i needed from mah corrupted disk to other partitions and then formatted that 100Gb partition to get my drive back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back