Player cant read dvd

Status
Not open for further replies.

z0k!

i have got a new dvd combo recently.it has played all of the dvds i've let it play except for this one i got recently from a friend.it just plainly doesnt read the dvd.my friend says it was working fine on his pc but also said that he has heard that complaint from a couple of other people as well.

the difference b/w his drive and mine is that he has a dvd burner while i have dvd combo(i.e. cd burning/reading and dvd reading)

does any1 has any suggestions what might the problem be?

another thing i noticed recently is that when i try to play the dvd in windows98 which is my secondary OS, it auto launches power dvd to play it but ends up with"format not supported"error and when if you go browsing in explorer its showing it as an audio cd!..wierd!

please help me out here somebody,i'd greatly appreciate the effort

If you're trying to play a recorded dvd (e.g. dvd-r, dvd+r, dvd-rw), your dvd rom probably does not support it - it will never read the disc. The only thing you can do is upgrade.

it is a dvd-r,but i have played many dvd-r and dvd-rw discs and i have got no problem,how come i am having trouble playing this disc.
and i have a samsung dvd combo [SH-M522C] which boasts the "multi-read" technology and claims to support all dvd/cd formats read.

I, I am ssorry for the typng error , tthat was the model of the drive , you need to match the excat model as the firmware will be speicfically ffor this drive only
I need spelling lessons

hehe, i guess u do. :haha:
well luckily samsung drives have this 'firmware live update' feature in their cd's.this downloads the firmware updating utility from their site directly.so i ran the utility and upgraded my firmware but that still doesnt resolve the issue :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back