Please give input om mobo and cpu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kesler

I am ready to buy my business mobo and cpu. I have the antec sonata3 case which is a mid tower. The cpu Iam looking at will be a LGA775. I've been told to go with a foxconn or gigabite mobo. Are there any certain core cpu I should stay away from? I will be on the internet along with running quickbooks and excell at the same time. Please give suggestions as to best way to go . Thank you

LGA 775 is the socket on the motherboard. There is a big range that will fit this including core2duo, although not all LGA 775 boards will run core2duo - you need to check the board spec carefully before deciding!
Any core2duo chip will run the apps you have mentioned without stress - which OS are you going to use as this will help you decide how much RAM to have?

Stay away from Core 2 Duo for business use, since you wouldn't use the extra power at all. Get a Pentium D or a (Pentium 4 if you can find one) and you'll be fine. Every LGA775 board AFAIK supports the Pentium D so no problems there.

Windowa xp pro, Okay what about the mobo? I was going with a atx. There are a lot of micro atx however I thought I should stick with atx , any ideas here? I want the mobo to be stable and reliable on a budget.

IMHO you might struggle with some bigger spreadsheets and powerpoint files with a Celeron chip. An ATX board will be fine in a midi tower. Stay away from the cheaper boards as they will not be reliable long-term. Better brands I have used in order of preference are ASUS, ABit, Gigabyte, Foxconn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back