Please Give Me Any Suggestions As Soon As Possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nisar Muhammad

I am having problrms with my hardisk a sound like tik...tok...tik..tok is coming from it tell me is its life is over or it is repairable my hardisk manufacture is [WESTERN DIGITAL]10.02 GB.

Is it working still? Or are you having problems in addition to the weird sound?

You can download a diagnostic utility from WD that will run low-level tests on the hard drive and report any harware failure.

Well the bad news, the drive is dead - if its working at all right now get off anything you can, get the important stuff off first.

The good news is the drive is only 10 gigs so you can't lose more than 10 gigs of data :)

Since the drive is only 10GB in total capacity, we can consider it quite old. I seriously doubt if it is full... May this WD rest in peace :)

Nodsu said:

You can download a diagnostic utility from WD that will run low-level tests on the hard drive and report any harware failure.
THE HARD DRIVE IS STILL WORKING BUT WHEN THE SOUND CAMES IT HANGS MY PC AND SLOWS DOWN THE WORKING,

Nodsu said:

from where i can download the diagnostic utility

Take the computer to a shop where they can back up the data to a new drive, before the old tired drive fails completely.

You can do this yourself by buying a new drive. Download Western Digital's install utility. Install the new drive a a primary slave. Run the utility and copy the old drive's data to the new drive. Remove the old drive from your computer and install the new drive as the primary master... and your done.

Confused now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back