please help, comp keeps crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

first off, i'd like to apologize if this is the wrong place to put this post =/

recently i've been having a big problem with my computer, it keeps on crashing. it seems to crash randomly. it seems to have only started to happen after i reformated my computer. it usually happens when im playing a game / watching a movie / listening to music / msn messenger.

I've tried the ram tests and reinstalled my drivers/codecs but to no avail.

my computer specs are:

Windows XP Pro sp2

Processor:
AMD Athlon 3200+ 2.2ghz with 1GB ram

Video Card:
ATi Radeon 9600XT

I've attached my minidumps as well.

thanks in advance,
-aCe

yup i tried the AVG anti virus, it picked up some adware that was bout it, and after i got rid of them it still keeps crashing =/

RE: Comp keeps crashing

There is a chance that there could be some dormant viruses on your pc, run the scan about 5-6 times just to make sure. Also, if you reformatted your HDD, there's a chance that you could also have wiped out the partition that keeps all the recovery info, (I did this once, it was a right headache), basically if this is the case, then you need to reformat your drive and reinstall a full version of Windows. Hope it works mate!

Faulty memory

Hi ace,

Your windows is crashed with various bugcheck such as 0A, 1A, 4E, 50, 7E, 8E and C2. They are all related to faulty memory. Two minidumps are crashed with memory access fault.

The culprit is faulty memory. However Memtest is not a perfect tool to test the memory as some faulty ram can pass memtest.

Suggestion
1. Check the temperature of the CPU and make sure that it is not overheat (ie temperature < 60C)
Make sure that the CPU fan works properly
2. Reseat the memory stick to another memory slot. Reseat video card as well.
3. Downclock the ram. Check to default setting if you video card is overclocked.
4. Clean the dust inside the computer case
5. Make sure that the ram is compatible to the motherboard
6. Check the bios setting about memory timing and make sure that it is on
For example : DIMM1 and DIMM2 do not have the same timing.
DIMM1: Corsair CMX512-3200C2 512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM (2.5-3-3-8 @ 200 MHz) (2.0-3-3-7 @ 166 MHz)
DIMM2: Corsair CMX512-3200C2 512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM (3.0-3-3-8 @ 200 MHz)
DIMM3: Corsair CMX512-3200C2 512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM (3.0-3-3-8 @ 200 MHz)
7. Make sure that your PSU have adequate power to drive all the hardware including USB devices
8. Run chkdsk /r at command prompt
9. Run 3DMark 2005 to test your video card
10. Upgrade BIOS

If it still crashes, diagnostic which memory stick is faulty
Take out one memory stick. If windows does not crash, the removed memory stick is faulty.

My Computer keeps restarting, HELP

I had just finished uninstalling a program when my computer kept restarting.
In the end it only got to the info page and that's when l found a message "memeory test failed" so l tried new ram but that didn't help. So in desperation l took out my Radeon 9600pro card and now it works.
Could some one please tell my WHY??? I would love to know how to fix this.
I have tried what cpc2005 said but lm still left with the saame problem.

Thanks for your time.
Anniesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back