Please help, data missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
it all started like this. I cleaned the dust from the inside of my pc, have not done it in a while so it was covered in dust. I vacuumed it, closed the cover and turned it on.

Then I get the message "disk boot failure. insert system disk and press enter".

I checked the net, and all I could find was the tip to use the install cd to repair. I tried, but it would not recognize the hd. All cables are attached. At a complete loss.

So I attach an old hd, install windows on it. I open the arbeitsplatz (sorry, my system is in german, its where your partitions (c,d,e) are, dont know the english term :) ). And behold, the partitions from my other hd are accessable. And now I get angry again.....

I must restart the system, so I do. After restarting, I open arbeitsplatz again....and my old partitions are not there. Gone.

I need that hd. I have many things there, including some nice videos of my ex-gf ;) really want that.

So please, if anyone knows if/what I can do, please help me.

Only 1 comment

Theres a good chance your data is still on the HD.But make a partition
for things beside the "OS" that you didn't name on a new one.
Try this bad HD in another computer as a Slave,like the one your useing now.:)

Check the cables again - make sure they are all seated properly as you probably disturbed one of them when clearing it out.

:) I tried the cables, always do before I freak out. Called a friend, listened to a lot of techno-babble, he will have a look tomorrow. Hope it works. Thanks for the tips guys.

Make sure you do what zipperman recommends before you give up - and I would be really surprised if the drive has died (unless you gave it a hefty clout with the vacuum hose).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back