Please Help...Display Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope someone there can help, I'm desperate. My display is only allowing me to choose 16 color setting on a Windows 2000 PC. I can't change the monitor type, because that option is blocked out, and I have no idea what kind of video card I have. Any ideas?

Thanks!

To check you video card's model name. Do the following:

1) Go to start, right click on "My Computers "and click on "properties"

2) Click on "Hardware" tab, then "Device Manager". A window will pop up.

3) Double click "Display Adapters", that should show your model name.

After this you can go to the manufacturer's site to download the appropriate drivers which might solve your problem.

Welcome to Techspot by the way.

Hi, thanks for writing back, I tried that, and there is nothing named display adapters. I can install a new display adapter but have no idea which one I should use. Do you have any other suggestions on this? I realy appreciate your help!

If windows doesn't detect your display adapter as standard VGA then your problems lies somewhere else.

Have you installed the motherboard drivers?

There's two possibilities why Device Manager does not tell you what the card is.

1. ) Your video card is very old or really off-brand. ;)
2. ) Your AGP (chipset) drivers are not installed properly.

Unidentified Device Identifier will detect the models and chipsets of unknown devices in Windows. It's also freeware.
http://www.zhangduo.com/udi.html

Using this program, you can identify your card and your chipset.

My motherboard drivers should be installed,as this computer has worked properly in the past. If I need to reinstall them, any ideas on how to do that? my motherboard says it is hsing tech enterprise co. ltd. here is the numbers 62-1109-001437-00101111-040201-SiS735
It also says ECS K7s5a 1.0
I ran that other utility, and nothing came up under what you have there? I appreciate your help. I'm hoping I can get this working sometime soon, as the display is very irritating.

try "direct X"

after you run direct X install drivers from net if do not have it on cd
you can any time roll back driver if the new one does not work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back