Please help - Generic2.LPL and other nasty things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinted

i must note that for some reason i cant reboot the pc into safe mode, it simply crashes.

i get popups, search engine redirects and browser crashing.

Here is HJT log

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your system is infected with malware.

It also appears, you`re running more than one antivirus programme, AVG and Symantec/Norton. This is not recommended, will slow your system down and can cause serious conflicts. I suggest you uninstall one antivirus programme.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of Tinted only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

You obviously didn`t read step12 properly. Combofix was withdrawn yesterday and is unavailable until further notice.

I did put a note into step12 to reflect this, but you must have missed it.

I`ll go and edit step12 and try and make it a little more clear.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Tinted only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

how do i disable/delete Norton?

lol i did read it, i was trying to find it anyways but could not successfuly do so :)

You haven`t posted an AVG Antispyware log as requested, nor have you let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan. Please do so in your next reply.

Download Vundofix from HERE.

Double click the Vundofix.exe to run it.

Right click in the vundofix window and click add files.

Enter the full file path/s to the files you want Vundofix to delete and click the add files button, followed by the close window button. Click the remove vundo button and let Vundofix do it`s stuff.

This is the filepath your need to enter into Vundofix.

c:\windows\system32\jecajec.dll

Once you completed the above, Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware logs and let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Delete all files in AVG Antispyware quarantine.

Post a fresh HJT log and let me know the results of the rootkit scan.

Regards howard :)

Run AVG antirootkit again and have it fix those entries.

You must follow these instructions exactly.

Download Vundofix from HERE.

Double click the Vundofix.exe to run it.

Right click in the vundofix window and click add files.

Enter the full file path/s to the files you want Vundofix to delete and click the add files button, followed by the close window button. Click the remove vundo button and let Vundofix do it`s stuff.

This is the filepath your need to enter into Vundofix.

c:\windows\system32\jecajec.dll

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {204695DB-94B5-4A04-9CAE-25B7DB85BFDD} - (no file)

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {52480254-5F9A-4498-9878-95FB6CC9B8FF} - c:\windows\system32\jecajec.dll

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {AA7A3D00-DF85-4F5B-9A70-EC8FC1444DD9} - (no file)

O20 - Winlogon Notify: lqywvcvj - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\jecajec.dll

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

It now appears that Combofix is available again. I have therefore altered the instructions in step12 to reflect this.

Post a fresh HJT log as well as a Combofix log.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back