Please help, guys. I've really screwed up.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

torrenter

I deleted the entire subfolders "open" and "explore" from the folder HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/Folder/shell via regedit! After deleting a one line entry which worked and took away the option of scanning a folder with NAV2005, deleting the entire folders which looked so innocent and small has completely screwed things up! I can't open/explore folders of course, now I have to use search. Anyone know if I can reclaim the entries??

I have Advanced Registry Tracer, can this save me??

System Restore has ACTUALLY WORKED!!!! Praise the Lord!

I cannot believe System Restore has actually worked! When I've wanted to restore in the past, it has never worked. I thought System Restore was a piece of ****, But when I screw up, restore has brought it back to life! I am going to now backup EVERYTHING! I suggest everyone does aswell. Let this be a lesson to us all.

Thanks mate, I tryed it straight away after and I couldn't believe it but it had worked! One minute from all lost work to everything back. Every other time I had tryed this it has never worked. Do you know if there's any literature out there that can tell you what each registry category is for/does, how to get around? It can be so useful and so dangerous at the same time to amend the thing. I am so happy!

Thanks for another great link, I want to master the registry. Seems the only tool which you can use which WILL effect your system. So I want to find out how to customize it..without screwing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back