Please help: infinite loop jam and working in safe mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello all,

This is a desperate request for a little bit of advice. My video driver is out of whack and each time i run windows i end up getting a blue screen stop error message about an infinite loop error. I've tried upgrading the driver software, and simply uninstalling the video driver software, but have had no luck. A friend recommended that I format my computer and reinstall windows using the start-up disks i got with my computer.
My question is two-fold:

1) Is there anything else I can do other than format my computer? I'm not too computer savvy, so I don't trust myself to do anything too technically challenging.

2) My start up disks are at my parent's house, and I won't get them for another few days. I desperately need to use my word processor and internet right now to finish an important project. Is it safe for me to use MS word and the internet if I run windows in safe mode?

I know that I can probably find out more specific information if I put a little time into it, but I have a deadline that I can't miss, so I'm hoping someone can help me out. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks!

Doing much of anything in Safe mode is going to suck, and probably internet won't work.

What graphics card? If its nvidia www.guru3d.com has (in their downloads section) a utility for completely removing the nvidia drivers. I would get that tool and run that, then possibly boot up in VGA Mode (an avaiable option in the same menu you pick safe mode) and install the latest driver then.

the same problem occurs in VGA mode (scratchy/static-ridden-looking screen), so i will have to investigate further. I've been working in safe mode and it's fine. Also, internet works when running safe mode with networking. No sound and fuzzy resolution, but as long as the file is functioning, I'm fine. I'll look into the driver problem some more. Thanks for the advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back