Please Help - Installed new Gigabyte Motherboard & P4 3.2 CPU nowhard drive problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installed new Gigabyte Motherboard & P4 3.2 CPU and now I have a blue screen telling me that I either have a virus or the hard drives are not installed correctly or that the hard drive is corrupted. I have a 80g and 40g hard drive and I do not know where to go from here. They say run chkdsk but from where as I only see a blue screen.

I take it you reinstalled Windows after installing the new motherboard + CPU. If not, did you at least uninstall the previous IDE drivers ?

No to both questions

No to both of the above, thought it was as simple as just connecting the hard drives to the new motherboard.

Connect the hard drive to the old motherboard, backup your important data then connect it to the new one & reinstall Windows.

If you're running a Windows version older then the one you will attempt to upgrade, it could work but IMO you should save yourself the trouble & start with a fresh install. The system will run much faster that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back