Please help me. I have 2 trojans :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all

im new to this place, found it after countless hours of trying to cure my pc from 2 nasty viruses :(

I have found them with AVG Free Edition

I also use Spybot Search & Destroy, Windows Firewall, Windows Defender & now Zone alarm firewall.

I have a phillips mt1800 with xp media edition 2005.

The 2 trojans are as followed

regscan.exe trojanhorsedownloaderagent.LIH
A0040639.exe trojanhorsedownloaderagent.LIH

at the moment there are in avg's virus vualt but i am unable to heal them.

If you could be so kind and help me remove these viruses id be very grateful!

Many thanks

Richard Yeates

Hello Richard and welcome to TechSpot.

Very important: Before deciding whether to clean or reformat your system, read this thread and decide what you want to do.

If you decide to clean your system after reading the above thread, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/spyware/malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly, then post fresh HJT, ComboFix, and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread. Also post here the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards :)

This thread is for the use of yeates_richard only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our Security and the Web forum.

Hi Kitty500Kat

Thanks for your super quick reply. I am just at work away from my pc but as soon as im home i will do exactley what is said and post back the reports.

Id rather clean my system due to not actually having a copy of XP Media Edition 2005. My pc is only 4 months old and cost a lot of money, i may have to get in contact with pc world to find out weather i can obtain a copy of xp incase i need to reinstall it.

When i do post up the results how do i attach files in this forum ?

Sorry to be thick

Also, where do i find the AVG Antirootkit test in avg spyware ?

Thanks again

Seems like these are 2 nasty backdoor talex trojans and are linked with key loggers ect

I hope i can rid of them without a format

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Instructions for attaching files can be found HERE.

AVG Antirootkit and AVG Antispyware are completely separate programmes. You`ll find all the links necessary in the 13step thread.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of yeates_richard only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hi again

thanks for your help and pointing me in the right direction.

I decided to reformat and am in the process of installing all my programs again if i can find them :D

Hopefully this has resolved the problem, will have to be more carefull in future.

Anyway, thought there might be a easy fix option but it seemed the format was the best option

thanks again

No problem mate and thanks for letting us know.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of yeates_richard only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back