Please help me.. XP Keeps freezing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please help me.. Everytime I'm on this PC, it randomly freezes for no apparent reason at all. I notice it happens alot more when I have Windows Media Player 10 playing a song..

I don't know where to even start to look into this problem..

I'm running Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2! Please help me.. I'm not sure if this is a hardware problem either. Can someone suggest a program or something that can detect the problem, and possibly give me a solution?

1 thing to remember is that I am using a Samtron 76V Monitor on Windows XP, and I went to the Samtron website only to find out that they don't offer a Windows XP driver for this model.. Could this be the problem? I'm using the standard plug and play driver right now..

HELP! This is so annoying.. Especially when I'm working on school material, and I have to reboot manually in order to get back in!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

We need your system specs. If you click on the first link in my signature, you will see what info we need, and how to get it.

What psu do you have?

When did the problem first start?

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Problem has been going on for about 1 month now.
Motherboard: AMD Athlon XP 2400+
PC: Compaq Presario
Harddrive: 80GIG
RAM: 512

Hardware

do you have any hardware conflicts in your device properties? if you say it keeps freezing in media player, have you tried re-installing media player?

This could be a graphics card driver problem. Try uninstalling the old driver and installing the latest.

if it keeps freezing in media player it could be something to do with your sound card.. maybe try uninstalling the sound card and then reinstalling it again... :confused:

The_Maestro said:
do you have any hardware conflicts in your device properties? if you say it keeps freezing in media player, have you tried re-installing media player?

There are no hardware conflicts.

I beleive this may be a Graphics card problem aswell.. But I cannot download an XP version of the driver, so I'm stuck using the default windows drivers...

The graphics card and monitor are two separate things. The graphics card is inside the PC. Monitors are usually plug and play and don't require special drivers. Graphics card drivers on the other hand can be downloaded from graphics card sites. For example, ATI and Nvidia both have frequent updates to their drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back