PLEASE HELP!!! My ad-aware program freezes when its opening!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Spybot Search & Destroy and Ewido anti-spyware. Neither of them will update and when I run their scans, I get nothing. As if my computer were great!

But then I try to use my Ad-Aware SE but it freezes up when it's loading definitions and I have to end the program through Ctrl-Alt-Dlt (task Manager).

I unistalled and reinstalled it. But its the same.

Please I need help I'm desperate.....

Anny

Caracas, Venezuela

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Try running the programme from safe mode. If it appears to freeze, just leave it for five minutes or so and see what heappens.

Also go HERE and follow the instructions exactly.

Post a fresh HJT log as an attachment into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

here is de hjt file

I did everything in the link you gave me, but somethings i couldn't complete, for example I tried running the online virus scans and when they were about to start the window they were in just closed out of nowhere. I couldnt run any of the online scans not even panda.

and when i was fixing the checked items in hijackthis I got this error message:

"Unexpected error ocurred
Error#52 (Bad File name or number) in Sub GetLongPath(?.exe)

Please send a report to merijn@spywareinfo.com, mentioning what you were doing and what version of windows you have.

This message has been copied to your clipboard."

Anny

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial56.html

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial62.html

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

MyWebSearch

Close control panel.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {00A6FAF6-072E-44cf-8957-5838F569A31D} - C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\SrchAstt\4.bin\MWSSRCAS.DLL (file missing)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ShowLOMControl] 

O4 - Global Startup: Digital Line Detect.lnk = ?

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch

Reboot into normal mode and turn system restore back on.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of anitabaquero only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I did it again...

Dear Howard,

I ran HijackThis again and fixed the only check box that was on your list and on mine. I got the same error from the last post that i wrote you. I attached the log of a scan I did after fixing the checked box.

What about the online virus scans? my internet explorer closed everytime my virus scan was about to start, from all the web pages you suggested.

Thx,

Anny

Your HJT log is clean.

Don`t worry about the online scans, I don`t know what the problem is, but I don`t think it`s malware related.

Provided you can still run a scan with your antivirus programme, that`s ok.

This thread is for the use of anitabaquero only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

couple of questions

What does it mean when my ad-watch says tracking cookie blocked?

So that's it my computer's clean????????

You are such a life saver! Thank you so much......

Anny

Your Ad-watch is just doing it`s job and allerting you to the fact it`s blocked a tracking cookie. You may be able to turn this notification off, if you find it annoying. Check the help files.

As far as I`m concerned, your system is clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back