PLEASE HELP!!!!! My computer wont turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

When i try and turn my computer on they light on the front of my computer turns on but the pc doesnt boot up. At the same time the lights on the speakers flash on and then off they also make a noise like they have power for a second and then nothing. this has been happening for a few days now but at 1st it would do it and then you walk away and come back and it will turn on like normal but now its gone from that to it wont turn on at all. I changed the power lead into a different power socket in the wall but the same thing. I always scan for virisus and clean the pc and registry. Thanx ............

Im told it could be the power supply unit but If anyone else had any other info on what it might be please post their ideas, cheers

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

From your description, it sounds like your psu(power supply unit) may have failed. Try another psu and see if that helps.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

thanx for the reply. Im only new to this. Im ok with computers but not much up on the mechanical side of things. what is a power supply unit? Is it the cord or??? how come the light stays on, on the front of the pc?

The psu is the bit where your power cord plugs into the computer. It controls all the power for your system.

If you`re not confident in swapping out computer parts, either get a friend to help you, or take the computer into your local pc repair shop.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back