Please help my usb ports are not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have 5 usb ports im running windows xp my usb ports used to work but now all of a sudden all 5 of them have yellow exclamation marks next t o them and they say

"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)"

i have tried to update the driver, i tried uninstalling them reinstalling the drivers but nothing is working. my motherboard is a abit guru i believe if that sounds right i dont know to much about computers so it's kinda hard for me to explain exactly what type of computer im running on but anyways i have the abit disc for the drivers and that doesnt even work can someone please help me i can't live with out my usb ports...

Hi and welcome to TechSpot Tashatyann!!!:)

Have you tried getting the latest drivers from the abit website???

no let me try that then i'll let you know but one thing i have discovered is that my usb ports says via rev 5 or later and all i can really find is 2.0 drivers but im gonna check that website

You will either have to look in the manual for your mobo or open the case up and have a look at whats printed on it!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back