Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Reader!

I own a
AMD 3000+
1 gig dual channel (2*512 Twinmos) ram
geforce 6800GT
with Windows XP installed.

The drivers are up to date, the system is clean and protected. Yesterday i installed a new PC game and played a game with it (worms 4 mayhem).
The very moment i hit the 'quit' button the screen went blue and i got a STOP error that requires me to restart the system:

Error message in the lower part of the blue screen:
*STOP: 0x0000007F (0x00000008, 0x80042000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I let him save the dump and reboot. This seems not te be related to the new software. Just 5 minutes later, after restarting the system, i open a browser (opera) to look what i find on the problem. I close the browser 5 minutes later, and i get the very same error, same error code.

Once again when closing a program.

I fear that i do have a damaged system component. Can you help me? What can i do to find the component? How can i find out, if it is related to faulty software? The system seems to work at the moment, but i did not close a program within the last hour.

EDIT:
I just closed my opera browser. This leads again to the same error: Bluescreen. It looks like i can not close certain programs without crashing the system. I can close winrar, internet explorer, explorers.
I cant close Worms, Opera.
This does point to a software error, no?

Did you ever cure the problem. I have theexact error code. I removed one memory chip and everything is fine, but i am stuck with 256mb RAm

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

hldavis999 said:
Did you ever cure the problem. I have theexact error code. I removed one memory chip and everything is fine, but i am stuck with 256mb RAm

This is the meaning of the 7F bugcheck.

0x0000007F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

One of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode: (1) Hardware failures. (2) Software problems. (3) A bound trap (i.e., a condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept). Hardware failures are the most common cause (many dozen KB articles exist for this error referencing specific hardware failures) and, of these, memory hardware failures are the most common.

As you can see. ram problems are the most common cause for this error.

Go HERE and follow the instructions for testing your ram etc.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

i am also facing the same problem ...but in my case i am not able to log into the system niether thru normal startup method nor thru the safe mode...i'm also not using any of the symatec products such as norton antivirus... although i'm able to install another version of win xp on other partition and there it works perfectly so i think there is no problem wid the memory module.....

Could anyone pl help me out wid this asap....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back