Please help to pick out the malwares & viruses from the attached Hijack log file

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I am new to TechSpot and would be grateful if one of you guys can help.

My son's computer is infected with some sort of malwares - "safewebnavigate.com" keeps coming up. I have ran Hijackthis and the log is attached to this thread.

Many thanks

yanlee

Hello yanlee and welcome to Techspot.

Please read this - Very Important: If your system is infected, read this before deciding whether to Clean or Format.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system then do the follwing - Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions Follow every step exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Jase :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of yanlee only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our Security and Web forum.

They are gone!

Hi Jase

I was just about to carry out the instructions to get ride of the malwares and then Norton picked out these two viruses from the PC when I logged in.

Many thanks for your help, will keep you posted if they return.

yanlee:)

yanlee

This does not mean your system is clean. Please go through the instructions.

Regards Jase :)

I agree with Jase123 and wil add that Norton is absolute rubbish and that you should get rid of it. Below is some instructions to help you get rid of it.

Download either the free AVG or Avast antivirus programmes and either the free Zonealarm or Kerio firewall programmes from within this link - https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

Then, disconnect from the net and completely uninstall Symantec/Norton. If you have any problems in uninstalling the programme, take a look at this thread - https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic57112.html

Once you`ve completely uninstalled Symantec/Norton, reboot your system and install whichever firewall programme you chose, followed by whichever antivirus programme you chose. Reboot your system the required number of times and reconnect to the net. Run the antivirus updates.

This thread is for the use of yanlee only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our Security and Web forum.

Yes i agree with rik. Get rid of Norton it's rubbish.

To prevent infections in the future, make sure you do windows updates and put automatic updates on.

It's important always to keep current with the latest security fixes from Microsoft.This can patch many of the security holes through which attackers can infect your computer.
Please either enable Automatic Updates under Start > Control Panel > Automatic Updates, or get into the habit of checking for Windows updates regularly.

Watch what you download!

Many "freeware" programs come with an enormous amount of bundled spyware that will slow down your system, spawn pop-up advertisements, or just plain crash your browser or even Windows itself.

* Avoid questionable web sites!

As many disreputable sites will attempt to install malware on your system through "drive-by" exploits just by visiting the site in your browser.

This thread is for the use of yanlee only. Please do not post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Here are the 3 log files after running all the scans

Please find attached the HijackThis, AVG Antispyware & Combofix log files.

The AVG Antirootkit scan returned "No rootkits has been found".

Many thanks

yanlee

Hi Guys

Any of you have time to look at the log files I posted?

I have removed Norton and installed NOD32 & Windows Defender.

Thanks

yanlee

Since those log files are quite old, I have removed them, so you won`t have any problems attaching fresh logs.

Please attach fresh HJT, Combofix and AVG Antispyware logs.

Also, please let me know the results of the Panda Antirootkit scan as per step11 of this thread.

This thread is for the use of yanlee only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back