Please Help ! Which is the Best Multimedia Player ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertq

I would like to buy the best multimedia player software. Price doesn't matter.
Quality does.

Can you guys tell me which one ?

How is BS Player compared to the others you would recommend ?

Thanks

It depends on what you want to play. Media Player Classic comes free with the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack and does fine for all kinds of video. For music, I prefer WMP and foobar2000.

I am looking for something that will play all kinds of videos & Audios.

If I have to buy them separately, it is ok as long as I am getting the best.

Download the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack from here and at the installation screen with all the checkboxes, scroll down and check all of them except the Morgan Multimedia Switcher thingy. Then let it install and at the last screen select all the file types you want to open with Media Player Classic and hit Finish. That's it. It'd install all the codecs and whatever player you choose, you can play all kinds of files with it. :)

Define "best"?

What's the point in having something someone else recommended that you absolutely dislike? What is the point in having the "best" player for infrared remote, karaoke or 3D glasses when you never, ever use any of these features?

What media players have you used so far? What is wrong with them? What features would you like in this "best" thing you are looking for?

i meant VLC media plaer works pretty well lol
but it works with all codecs as far as i know

VLC doesn't play HD DVDs, Blu-Ray discs, DVD-Audio or RealMedia files, for example, so not "everything".

Of course there are hundreds of media formats out there and no player plays them all.

I'd check what kind of media I have and get a player (or more than one) for them instead of trying to get an all-in-one player where most features would be useless.

vlc media player, seconded.

I'm not sure about the hd-dvd's but I never use them... I've never had to download a codec for it yet. but if you can tell us what sort of files you play most, we might be able to give you a better advice

I have used only WMP.

I am not a techi so thought to get something you guys might have used & is very user friendly as well as very versatile.

Most people have a range of multimedia players on their computers.

That way you can just right click on any media file and select "Open with",

whatever is most suitable.

My main players are IrfanView (an image viewer that opens most other things),VLC,Winamp,

and obviously WMP

Check this out

Mictlantecuhtli said:
VLC doesn't play HD DVDs, Blu-Ray discs, DVD-Audio or RealMedia files, for example, so not "everything".

Of course there are hundreds of media formats out there and no player plays them all.

I'd check what kind of media I have and get a player (or more than one) for them instead of trying to get an all-in-one player where most features would be useless.
Audigy 4 sound card player.Read their play options.
This is for most or all discs.
http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=015313&cid=CR.196

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back