Please Help with CD Roms

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtngolfer

If anyone could lend a hand with this problem I would be very greatfull.
For some reason all of a sudden windows will not see or access my cd roms. Bios sees them, I have put different drives in and to no avail. I can boot from cd and thats it. Nor can I do a system restore with out (windows error) .
Device manager sees them and at one time reported them to be ok. But they wern't. When I could access the drives it would gave me a message like files are not windows files or something like that.
Any ideas would be great.
Thanks,
Mtngolfer

Abit NF7-S Ver. 2 BIOS
CPU- AMD\2700/333 ATHLON XP TBRED
Video Card: AGP, ATI All-in-Wonder 9000 Pro (64MB DDR)
Memory- Crucial DDRAM 2X 256MB\32x72 PC3200 C3
Hard Drive: Maxtor SATA 120GB
Y-E Data Internal 7 in 1 Drive
DVD Drive: BUS link DVD+-RW/+-R Drive
Power Supply 400 watt Ultra
Case: Koolance PC2 Water blocks on CPU, Video chip , MB chip and the Hard drive.
Two 80 mm case fans.
Windows XP SP2

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
SYSTEM
CurrentControlSet
Control
Class
{4D36E965-E325 -11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Once you have opened the last folder, you should see two keys on the right hand side ("Upperfilters" and "Lowerfilters") which you may select and then delete by right clicking and selecting "Delete". ;)

No worries....open your registry and navigate to that String Line (i,m assuming you,ve some experiance in the Win Registry?)...delete the Upper and Lower Filters values...the Upper may not exist,..if it dosent, just delete the lower one and reboot...you wont hurt a thing either way. If you,re unsure of the Registry, please get some hands on help...i dont want you to pooch your system...;)

Didn't seem to work, there was an upper and lower deleted both.
This message is from device manager.

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.

By the way my putter is a lot better off than my computer. :approve:

Thanks to you and everyone else that trys to help us, that don't work with this stuff very much.

Ok..uninstall the device from Device Manager..reboot...Win should find a generic driver for it..if it doesnt..use Goojle and find one..unless you have the mobo driver cd ...;) {closest thing i get to Golf (use to be) is the 19th hole...lol*}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back