please help with hardware accelerated 3d

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Thank you in advance for anyone who helps me or tries to help me :)

The Problem: I recenlty got two games (Unreal Tournament 2003 and Unreal Tournament 2004), installed them just fine on to my system but when I try to play them they wont start up because :

"Hardware accelerated Direct3D 9+ is not available because the display driver does not support it."

yeah so that does not help me and im :confused: as to how to solve this issue.

my display device is a RAGE PRO TURBO AGP(English) version 4.11.001.24.74(English)

is it as simple as downloading an up-to-date driver? :grinthumb or is there no hope? :(

I have other games and have played them no problem...although I am sure that makes no difference...

Can someone please help me slove this issue so I can play my game...(take it slow because Im not that smart)

Sarah

Hello and Welcome to Techspot!! :)

It appears that your card doesn't support the games. Rage PRO card's are a little out of date, and it won't play the game, and even if you can get it to run, it would be very slow. Maybe it's time for a new card :(

Or someone helpful like Sharkfood, will suggest something, but I'm afraid you need a new video card.

Regards :wave:

It depends. If you are a really hard-core gamer, a new card will cost more than $400 :eek:, if not, you can get away with a 40-50 bucks card.

But we need to know first your computer specs. Check this thread HERE in order to know them :)

The RAGE PRO TURBO AGP is only an agp x2 with 4meg of ram, if you check the boxes the games came in you will see that the minimum spec is a lot higher than that.
I also doubt you will be able to find anything better that will work in your pc properly unless you get a top of the range pci card, but even that wont be very fast!!!!!

wolfram is correct as the Rage Pro doesn't have the memory nor a processor for things the Unreal Tournament 2003/2004 games need.

We are all assuming this is a PC and not a laptop. If this is a laptop, you may be out of luck expanding your system at all. We're also assuming your PC has an AGP slot. Perhaps running CPU-Z or Everest (see links at top of this forum for download link information) would be a good first step.

Assuming it IS a PC and has an AGP slot:
As far as a card that will play these games, the cheapest cards that will play the game would be:
Geforce FX5000 series (5200, 5500, 5700)
Radeon 9550

Both of the above will only be marginal upgrades in features though. Better choices (albeit a bit pricier) would be:
Geforce 6600 (LE, plain, and GT)
Radeon 9600, X1300, X1600 series.

While you may be able to afford one of the above mid-range cards for better performance, you may also then start running into problems with power. Higher performance cards draw more power so you may also need a power supply upgrade. The only way to check your current power supply is to actually open the case and look for a sticker describing the wattage/amps for voltages.

And problems with the mobo, it probably only supports agp x2 while all the graphics cards talked about so far are either agp x4, x8 or x8 only.

Opps, then it appears that these cards won't work at all. There are some voltage differences between AGP 2X, and AGP4X, 8X. If you plug a 8/4X AGP card on an AGP 2X slot, it won't work, and it may damage the mobo, and the videocard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back