Please Help with Hijack this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrithy

The following file was created by Hijack This:

Please let me know which ones to delete as IE6 is being re-directed!

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the Panda Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of scrithy only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hope you're still up!

Tmagic650 said:
Chelsey Kavanagh? Is this you?

I'm afraid that just by deleting things in a HijackThis log works as well as you hoped... A browser hijacker is annoying but not too serious.

Start here and follow the steps exactly as presented:
https://www.techspot.com/community/topics/updated-4-step-viruses-spyware-malware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/
I am having some serious issues with attachments... is there any way I can share my info without attachments?

Yes, but all it takes is a little practice using attachments. Just put your files or pictures somewhere so you can find them easily on your hard drive. Scroll down to "additional options" below the Techspot posting window. To "manage attachments".

A hijack log file would have the extension of .log

Your attachment needs to be in one of these formats with a matching extention:

Valid file extensions: bmp, dmp, doc, gif, jpe, jpeg, jpg, log, pdf, png, psd, txt, zip

I think I see some spyware/malware, but I'm not the one that can tell you for sure... MySearch crap sticks out, and you have several toolbars active,

Nice job on the attachments

I really need to see an AVG Antispyware log. SEE HERE.

I also need the results of the Panda Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of scrithy only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hey Howard

Panda had nothing, everything was 0.
Will try to run the AVG again and see what happens...
I was also running these steps on another, slower computer and got as far as booting in Safe Mode, I was able to F8 to the boot screen, but for some reason I wasn't able to arrow up or down to choose safe mode, in fact the keyboard didn't work at all, so I had to reset it back into normal mode, so my question is will all the runs work (Avast/AVG/SB S&D, etc) work as well in regular mode?
Thanks again for your great help!
Oh yeah, one more question: what would you suggest for security on a new Dell Duo Core Inspirion 1420 running Vista 32-bit, 2 Gig Ram. It came with the 30 day McAffee trial and I've heard that there could be better ones out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back